Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My night.

Do you ever feel like a taxi service?

Here is what my afternoon is like on a Wednesday after school.

At 3.10 I leave to get Daniel, Sam and Brigette from school.

Tom and Amelia start musical theatre at 5.00.
Daniel starts football training at 5.15.
Brigette starts musical theatre at 6.00 and Tom and Amelia finish then.
Brigette finishes musical theatre at 7.00
Tom, Amelia and Brigette start Scouts at 7.00.
Tom and Amelia finish scouts at 8.00
Brigette finishes Scouts at 9.00.

As well as these things tonight, Brigette wanted to go to Big W. for some school stationery and I needed a few things so we were at the shops inbetween Tom and Amelia's musical theatre lesson and Brigette's lesson. By the time we had finished at the shops, it wasn't worth going home.

I am glad there is only one Wednesday a week. It is nights like this that I am glad I have all our main meals in the freezer. I am also glad that Steve is home just after 4pm and able to do the dinner preparation and look after Christopher.

7 comments:

John Michael said...

Wednesday and Mondays are my wives fun times.

Therese said...

You call them fun? I wonder if you would call it that if you had to do the driving?

I remember a couple of years ago when I broke my elbow, I wasn't allowed to drive for 6 weeks. Steve had to do all the driving and he soon saw how much driving I did for the children.

Shirley said...

Hope you aren't too busy; I've tagged you in a meme.

_ said...

uuuum don't the kids have bikes?

Therese said...

Yes they do have bikes but I don't tend to let our 6, 8 and 10 year old ride there bikes around the streets.

Daniel probably could have ridden to footy but he would have to ride home in the dark.

Easter Almuena said...

Therese,
Wow! I don't recall having one like that with piano, karate, tennis, etc. for our kids. I had to finally tell the kids 1 activity each and others will have to be family and church. God bless you abundantly! Do take care, Therese! And God bless Steve!

Therese said...

Hi Easter,

Our children are allowed two after school activities each. I am finding though that Wednesday night they all need to be in different places at different times.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.