Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tagged.

It must be the season.


Leah from Lowdenclear tagged me for this meme.

1. The rules of the game get posted on the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about himself.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they’ve been tagged and asking them to read their blog.

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Brigette was just about to celebrate her 1st birthday. Daniel would have been at school most days, Sam at kindy 4 afternoons a week and I had Madeline and Brigette home full time. Steve was studying teaching full time. Life was pretty busy all around with the 4 children. It seems unbelievable to me to think that Tom, Amelia and Christopher weren't a part of our family yet. It is hard to remember sometimes what it was like.

Five things on my To-Do list today:
This will be tomorrow since it is nearly 9pm here.
1. Cook some muffins
2. Continue going through the children's clothes.
3. Go to Mass.
4. Cut out a pattern for Amelia's birthday dress.
5. Start preparing Tom and Amelia's school work for next term.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Pay off all debts.
2. throw a party.
3. Travel to meet all my online friends.
4. Give to a charity like Children with Diabetes.
5. renovate our end room and build an extension on our house.

Three bad habits and qualities.
1. I procrastinate all the time.
2. I judge on appearances.
3. spending way too much time on computer.


Five places I’ve lived
1. Rostrevor (suburb of Adelaide)
2. Holden Hill (another suburb of Adelaide)
3. Millicent (country SA).
4. Port Augusta (Country SA) and I don't have a fifth place but we did live in two different houses in Millicent and two different houses in Port Augusta.


Five jobs I’ve had:
1. Shop Assistant at a handbag shop.
2. Cafeteria assistant at a university.
3. Shop Assistant at a fish shop.
4. Office worker at Philips.
5. SAHM. I definitely like this one the best.

five books I recently read.
1. My visit to Hell.
2. Harry Potter at the Chamber of secrets. (we are still reading this one).
3. The Bible.
4. Devotion to the Sacred Heart.
5. designing your own classical curriculum.

5 People to tag.
1. Adrienne from Adreinne's Catholic Corner
2. Lisa from Episcopollyanna
3. Cathy from The Daily Grotto
4. Fr. John Speekman from Homilies and Reflections from Australia
5. Marco from Third Blog from the Right

10 comments:

uncle jim said...

interesting how these memes make it from coast to coast and from continent to continent like they do.

on my 'bucket' list [if you don't understand that, let me know] is a trip down-under someday.

i suspect it is on a lot of people's lists ... i wonder what percentage ever get thru their list.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed you have read the Bible. That is a great accomplishment. Did you read it over a period of time or all at once?

Therese said...

Uncle Jim,

I have no idea what a bucket list is. If you ever do make it down under, please let me know and maybe we can meet.

Um Melissa,

I haven't read the whole bible, it is something I read regularly. I try to read the days readings if I don't go to Mass as a part of my prayer time.

uncle jim said...

a 'bucket list' is a list of those things you want to do / accomplish before you 'kick the bucket' - a metaphor for dying.

we yanks speak strangely, don't we?

Kathleen Miller said...

Therese,

Thank you for the tag.

I have a busy weekend so I will get to it next week. It looks like a lot of fun! Thank you!

Have a great weekend!

Episcopollyanna said...

Thanks, Therese. I'll try to get to this tonight or tomorrow. :)

EC Gefroh said...

Therese, who wrote My Visit to Hell?

Therese said...

Paul Thigpen Esther. It is a very good read. I want to read the Screwtape letter's next.

Maryellen said...

Wow - great life so far. I can do this Meme with the same answers for each one.
"I don't remember". LOL

Therese said...

lol Mary Ellen. I sometimes feel like that too.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.