Monday, April 28, 2008

Mothers rule and flylady.

As all you regular visitors here know, I have been working on a Mother's rule and Flylady to help me make our house a bit less cluttered and the house work more manageable.

I started putting together a control journal. In my journal, I have written up my morning routine, our home school program, afternoon routine, my zone cleaning routines, a how to do oamc, a one page calender for the month that has all our bills written in their due date, what we will eat for tea that night and any unusual appointments that we don't do regularly. I have taken on Lynn's and Sarah's idea and I am planing on decluttering, beautifying and deep cleaning a room each month. The plan is written up in the control journal and I am also using Flylady's monthly inspection idea to help me write a list for each room.

The other thing I want to put in the control journal is a write up of each area that Holly speaks about in her Mother's rule book. For those of you that are not familiar with Holly's writings, she speaks about the five area's we need to look after as a mother.

The five area's are:

1. Person
2. Partner
3. Parent
4. Provider
5. Prayer.

So far, I have prayed and talked with Steve about the person and partner.

1. Person: I am trying to eat a better diet and drink less coke (one of my all time favourites). I am drinking more water because I am not drinking so much coke. Our meals are much better since I am doing the oamc so that has become a bit part of our routines. I am also making an effort to spend more time in personal prayer and getting to daily mass.

2. Partner. Having young children and teenage children in the house makes it hard for Steve and I to get time alone. We also haven't been praying together as much as we should. We have started to make an effort to go out for a coffee or a meal at least once a fortnight. During the holiday's we went out twice. Once out for tea and on the weekend we went out for coffee. We are also making a bit more of an effort to pray 5 decades of the rosary together each day.

Any other people out there put together any control journal or mothers rule? I would love to hear your ideas in the comment box.

Therese
Post a Comment

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.