Monday, January 24, 2011

Some OAMC recipes.

Here are some of the recipes I use when I prepare meals ahead.

Fish Parcels. We haven't actually made these since I posted the recipe. I just don't get to our fish shop much and the supermarkets don't have fresh fish often.

Pasties.

Schnitzels.

Tuna Mornay.

Spaghetti sauce:

2 onions
750 grams mince meat.
1 tin tomato soup
1 tin diced tomatoes
salt, pepper, oregano and any other spices you want.

Dice onions and cook till transparent.

add mince and spices and cook till mince is well done.

Add tomato soup and diced tomatoes.

Once sauce has boiled, remove from heat.

Allow to cool to room temperature and put in freezer.

I remove from freezer and defrost in the fridge for 24 hours. I cook our spaghetti for about 5 minutes and then do a layer of sauce, a layer of spaghetti and a layer of grated cheese. I finish with a layer of cheese and bake in the oven till cheese is melted. Usually about 15 minutes.

Lasagna:

I make the same sauce as the spaghetti and also make a cheese sauce. On cooking day, we do layers again but with instant lasagna noodles. I really hate lasagna sheets that need to be pre cooked. I just cannot work with them.

4 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Sounds pretty good! Cathy

Hazel Nut said...

I love freezer cooking! I get the kids involved with helping measure and mix everything & call it a day of math and cooking lessons :)

Frizzy said...

I love reading recipes from around the world. It intrigues me to see what every uses for words and units of measure. I love that you say tin of soup. We call them cans here. One question, is their a unit of measure or size of the tin you use for your sauce? In the US tins come in 4 sizes. If I make one of your recipes I would want it to turn out perfect. Also, is your mince meat ground hamburger?

Therese said...

Frizzy,

The tin cans here are measured in metric and the size I use is 420 grams.

I think that is around 8 oz.

We use minced kangaroo meat for our meat here but most people would use minced beef. Minced is called ground beef there I think.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.