Thursday, September 27, 2007

Holidays again.

Tomorrow is the last day of school for our children and for Steve. We have two weeks of not having to be anywhere at any particular time.


The first week I will take the girls and Christopher to Adelaide. We will go and see family and friends and have a day of shopping with my girlfriend.


The boys will probably have take away every night and sit at the computer until they look like this lol.
I pinched this picture from paramedic girls blog


At the end of the second week the WYD cross will be here. There will be a procession with the cross across the bridge with the stations of the cross along the way. They will process to the school and have a sausage sizzle. The next morning there will be an early mass and breakfast at the church and then the cross will move onto Wilmington. We won't be able to get to WYD next year so it will be good to be part of things here.

8 comments:

Karin said...

Holidays?
Is this your equivalent of summer vacation?
My eldest has friends in Germany and they are now off for 2 weeks...man is he jealous

Therese said...

No. This isn't summer holidays. Summer holidays are for 6 weeks. They start midway through December and go till the end of January.

We have 4 school terms a year. Each one has a break of two weeks inbetween it.

Episcopollyanna said...

Ooh, fun times! That picture is funny and I'm ashamed to say I look like that on occasion!

Therese said...

It is a great photo. I don't know that my boys will be too thrilled for me to be putting it up for them.

Marie said...

Why is it that there seems to be more school holidays for children these days? Waaaa I was born too EARLY! LOL.

If your kids get bored hon Ginny has a lovely childrens site, she has spent many hours working on. Take a peek here is the link:

http://faithofthefatherskids.blogspot.com/

Have fun during the holiday break:)

Peace to you:)

Marie

Therese said...

Thanks for that link Marie. That was funny. I was just posting in your chit chat and come here to see you have posted.

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

I think that picture is hysterically funny and I am certain that my husband has found me looking quite like that late at night!

Jane

Therese said...

lol Jane. I am sure some others have too (including me).

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.