Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Once a month Cooking.

In my tasty Tuesday post I had a link to frugal mom's once a month cooking (oamc). I have been thinking about giving it a try.

I was thinking of doing my first atempt during the Christmas holidays. My plan is to make a list of ten different meals and we will have each meal three times in the month.

Has anyone else ever done oamc? I think to do this kind of cooking would save us a lot of time. The clean up after tea would be easy and I wouldn't have to plan dinner during the day. When I came back from Adelaide last week the house was still pretty well organised. The only thing that was big was the washing. I knew it would be like that though. I am pretty sure if I hadn't cooked ahead that the place wouldn't have been so organised. I am also hoping that it will save us a bit of money.

3 comments:

Athanasis Contra Mundum said...

I haven't tried it but I think I'll look into it.

Episcopollyanna said...

This seems like a great idea when you are cooking for a few people on a regular basis. For just the two of us, we find that we can eat leftovers at least once or twice a week (not counting lunches) since most recipes make enough food for four.

Anonymous said...

Oh I've tried ti once or twice...in my own way. I am just not that naturally organised, nor can I work in that way. The best I can do is to cook double and freeze one lot for another meal. Mostly though, I only cook enough for my hungry tribe and only a little is left over the next day for my hubby's lunch.

Looking forward to hearing about how you go with it though!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.