Sunday, November 04, 2007

We had a huge flood.

Yesterday we had a huge amount of rain. It was astounding the amount of rain that came down. Our street was flooded and the children all went out and ran around in the rain. The rain was needed so we are thankful for this huge rain. Steve took some video's but they are huge at the moment (50 mb) so we need to look and see if we can reduce the quality and put it up.

I have everything ready for Tom's homeschool. On Friday the children had a day of school because my friend Di left her middle child with us while she and Mark went to a funeral. Tom did some maths, reading, writing and I gave him a big spelling test to see what level he is at.

On Saturday he asked if he could do more maths so I got his book out and he did it for about 5 minutes and decided he wanted to play instead.

I have started cooking meals for while I am away. Last night I did pasties and 160 muffins. Today I will cook a few more meals to go in the freezer but the bulk of the cooking for Steve and the children will be done during the week. I have got a couple of great recipes from Esther's Kitchen and
Are We There Yet? From Esther's kitchen I am making the Mushroom Pasta and from Are We There Yet?, I am making the Beef and Cornbread Bake .

God bless
Therese

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of rain! We've been through a few of those too. We once had part of our home flood. No real damage, just very messy.

I'm so excited for you adventure of homeschooling Tom. I pray all goes well.

Those recipes sound good. I'm going to try the mushroom pasta. Let me know how yours turns out. :)

Therese said...

The mushroom pasta was really good. The children and Steve don't really like mushrooms but ate the sauce. (Steve pushed the mushrooms to the side and left them) I did enough sauce for two meals and there is a lot of sauce in the freezer for Steve and the children while I am in Adelaide.

Therese

EC Gefroh said...

Therese! I'm so happy to see you found my cooking blog. I'm glad you liked the mushroom sauce. Sorry to hear about the amount of rain. We had a deluge too. I think it finally stopped.
The other recipe sounds like something I would like to try.

EC Gefroh said...

Therese, now I remember how you found it. I gave you the link ;-) Oh my memory!

Therese said...

lol Esther,

I thought my memory must be out. I was thinking someone else must have given me the link.

Episcopollyanna said...

Sounds like you got drenched! I'd love to see the videos when you post them.

Glad to hear things are starting off well with Tom's homeschool! Yay!

Marie said...

Oh, it poured with rain here too over the weekend:). But I love winter, the cold and the rain. Luckily though we had no floods.

I am SO not looking forward to summer:( grrr lol.

Hope all is well with you Therese:)

Peace to you & yours:)

Marie

Shelly said...

Please pray for rain our way! We are in *major* drought here in North Georgia. I am very worried ... they predict a month or 2 left of water! and we just don't have any rain :O(
What we take for granted, huh? So believe it or not - a deluge sounds great to me right about now!!

Therese said...

Praying for rain for you Shelly. We also have been in drought here so I know what you mean. We do take it for granted.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.