Monday, July 28, 2008

A note to myself.

Always always measure any child that you are sewing for the day before you cut out. Not a month before because they grow.

This weekend has been rather hectic in our house. I cut out Madeline's dress and jacket on Thursday night and started sewing Friday night. I got the jacket finished by lunchtime on Saturday. I started on the dress after lunch and had 90% of the dress done before I got Madeline to try it on. It didn't fit. This was at 10pm Saturday night. I couldn't do a mad rush to the shop and get her a new dress so after having a bit of a panic attack, I told her she would have to have a skirt and jacket since I could make a skirt pretty quickly. I made a skirt for her but then looked in my wardrobe and found the dress that I made for myself for my sisters wedding last year. I thought it would probably fit her. It did and she wanted to wear it. The dress looks better on her than it did on me so I have told her, it's hers.

We had the Mass at 10.30. Our parish priest confirmed 23 young people. It went really well. After Mass we went to the parish hall for a celebration cake and coffee. Then Madeline's sponsor came to our house for lunch. It was a lovely afternoon.

When Steve puts the video up on the computer I will upload it so that you can all see.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Congratulation to Madeline! I can't imagine meeting Pope Benedict and being confirmed in the same month! WOW!

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Congratulations to Madeline. I'm glad the dress situation had a happy solution!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

My now resourceful you are!!! And congratulations to Madeline!

OH! You've been tagged...Cathy

Jenny of Elefantz said...

So glad it all worked out in the end!! Congratulations Madeline!!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.