Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Works for me Wednesday.

On the weekend Steve and I were talking about self control. I really don't have very much self control especially when it comes to the internet. I always have the intention of spending a limited amount of time on but never stick to my plan.

When Steve and I were talking about it, I said I think I need to have you take the modem cord to work so that I cannot connect at all. It is the only way I can spend a limited amount of time on here.

So today being Wednesday is the third day that we have had no internet from 8am to 4pm. Tuesday is a bit longer because Steve has a staff meeting.

It has been really good. For the first hour on Monday morning I actually felt quite sorry for myself but then said to myself, no you need to get other things done. The internet hasn't been cut of forever, it is only 8 hours each day that you cannot have it. It is my work time.

After three days I am seeing that this has been really good for us all. The children need me to be a bit more attentive to the school work they are doing. The housework was getting done mostly but it really wasn't fully completed. I am feeling better about the way the house looks. Hopefully I will be able to get all our curtains finished and sew some winter coats for the children because we are going internet free for those 8 hours.

Next week we will have school holidays. I am going to talk to the family about having no internet for the hours of 8 to 4 even though they are all home and in the second week when Steve and the older children are in Sydney for WYD I am going to try and continue it.

I have lots of plans for the holidays. I want to go through our linen and see what needs replacing, clean out the bookcase in the girls room and get some new curriculum for Tom and Amelia. Sam is going to be doing home school for the second half of this year too so we will be looking into curriculum for him. In an effort to help Sam with organisation I may even go into his room (aka the black hole) and see if I can do anything to help him with his organisation. Once all these things are done, we will sew bedroom curtains and winter coats for the children (that really should have been finished about a month ago but they will be able to use during July and August.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great link:

Check out Totus Tuus Family blog for this great post:

Catholic rebuttals to Abortion

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great link!

Allison said...

Thanks for the link.

Nice to "visit" you tonight.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.