Thursday, September 11, 2008

Catching up.

After our weekend in Adelaide, I have been spending a lot of time catching up on washing and housework.

Steve and the other children got home before Tom and I and managed to make the house look like it hadn't been cleaned for a month. The lounge/dining room and kitchen are looking good now but all the bedrooms still need more organizing. It is surprising how an interruption to our routine can make the house seem so messy. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will have most rooms back in order and will be able to start my daily routines again on Monday.

We only have one week left of school for the third term. We will have two weeks holiday and then have the last term for the year. I am starting to prepare for Christmas. I usually sew an outfit for each of the children so need to start early. This year is the first year having some at home so they may not be as surprised this year.

The weather has started to warm up and we are getting summer clothes out. I love this time of year. The days are sunny and warm and the nights are not too hot to sleep. I also like the longer days and sitting outside in the evenings.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I pray that Tom is doing better/well. I know how heart tugging this must be as his mother. Know that we keep you in our prayers ;-)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.