Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Voting in line with Catholic Teaching.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have watched from here the campaigns for both Barack Obama and John McCain.

I wasn't too interested before Sarah Palin was chosen as VP for McCain but I did feel pretty certain that Barack Obama as President of The USA would be a bad bad thing for the world. I was so shocked at many of his comments in support of abortion and in support of gay rights.

Since Sarah Palin has been chosen I have read many posts. Some have been in support of McCain/Palin, others have been against them.

I have read many people state that Barack Obama will be a better Leader for Americans. I don't know if he will be or not. I have also read that John McCain is supportive of Embryonic Stem Cell research. This is not a good thing

I still think though that even with John McCain supporting Embryonic Stem Cell research and even if Americans have a better leader with Barack Obama I still hope that John McCain will be the next President of the USA.

The reality is Barack Obama is so pro abortion and anti life that even if Americans were better off with him, it would be at a price. The price is many more aborted babies.

John McCain has chosen Sarah Palin as his running mate. It really has made me hope that he will be the next President. I am full of hope for the future of a country that has a women like Sarah Palin involved in politics.

5 comments:

Vicki said...

IMO the people saying that Barack Obama will be a better leader for America are dead wrong. He will definitely lead us and the world down the wrong direction!

I went to a talk by a wonderful priest about voting Catholic and he said that there are very few "perfect" candidates and that we have to weigh it out. Embryonic stem cell research is bad, but there is no candidate who is against it.

There is a candidate who is against abortion though, and that's who I'm voting for! Go McCain/Palin!

Michele said...

i added my points on it on my blog. john mc cain clearly stated that abortion is a holocaust, he also stated that life begins at conception. obama on the other hand did not answer the question when it was posed to him about when life begins. why on God's green earth would any one in their RIGHT mind support a man who supports babies being torn from the womb and having their limbs torn off in the process? that is so dehumanizing and criminal its not even close to being funny! how on earth could ANYONE vote for him?????? good grief!!!!!!!

Michele said...

oh wait, i know!!! maybe obama thinks little unborn baibies don't feel pain??? is that how he excuses being pro abortion?????????????????????????

Angie said...

I totally agree with you ladies! We've had the "vote Catholic" discussion at our parish as well. While no candidate is perfect, McCain/Palin are PRO-LIFE. ang

Anonymous said...

My sister-in-law told me an intereting thing the other day. She was looking for one of the speeches on YouTube and came across all these videos posted by a religious group, a fundamentalist group I believe, who are saying that Obama is The Beast. She went on to tell me how these videos claim that Obama has the mark of the beast because he is beloved and that these people are saying it says so in the Book of Revelations.

I of course do not believe Obama has the mark of the beast, that's crazy talk, but discussing what other religions believe is interesting. Almost scary sometimes. But whoever it was that put out this propaganda sure are out to get Obama. Has anyone heard about any of this before??

Changing subjects. A lot of people we know love McCain and what he stands for. And they sure love Palin. Enough said!

I can't wait for this election year to be over. And I'm grateful I'm not working in television this election year. Less stress.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.