Monday, September 15, 2008

My mothers rule.

Why is it whenever we have a disruption to our routine that it takes forever to get back into it again?

I think I know the answer. Since we came back from Adelaide, I have been running around like a headless chook trying to get my house tidy and washing all done. Every night we have the kitchen done and the lounge room in a presentable state but the bedrooms are not getting done and the washing is still behind.

It is because I am not planning my days and following my routine. I also have neglected my prayer time. I keep on telling myself that I will pray when I am back in routine and everything is done. If I keep on neglecting my prayer, I will never get back into routine. I know this from the past.

So, tomorrow morning I will get out my control journal and start with my morning routine and follow through with my daily chores. I will cross off my list as I do different things and hopefully get back on track.

1 comment:

Michele said...

i just go with the flow therese. i also don't have a lovely family to look after though as my daughter is grown. do as you suggested, get out your control journal and start with your morning routine. can you get your oldest daughter to help with laundry and room tidying? you can also reward your kids with a family project if they keep their rooms clean all the time. perhaps your oldest daughter can help with this as well, like a reminder for the other ones. my mom would always tell us to be diligent about cleaning our rooms, and when we fell behind, we did not get to go out and play or we did not get to watch tv, etc. that for us always worked. but that is us and not you.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.