Friday, September 26, 2008

no more homework, no more books.

No more homework, no more books, no more teachers dirty looks.

:::grin:::.

This is the poem we use to sing when I was in primary school on the last day of school. I don't know if my children know it or not. Maybe one day I will say it to them and see what they say. Only difference between then and now is, I don't get teacher's dirty looks, I get children's dirty looks when I say do your spelling.

The weather is warming up so hopefully we will go out for a couple of family walks. I love walking in spring. We will try and get to weekday mass as a family too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message for all Australians:

Please read Louise's post with information on Senator Barnett's disallowance motion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much to Kimberly for passing on the I love your blog award to me too.

Kimberly says on her blog:

although she is in another country, I feel as if she lived right next door to me. What a wonderful and beautiful person she is.

Thank you Kimberly for giving me this award and for saying these wonderful things about me. I also love knowing you through blogging and can completely relate to the blessing it brings to many of us in the Catholic blogging community.

2 comments:

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Yea! School is done! Hope you enjoy your break and your Spring!

Michele said...

we used to say the same things when we were kids. i used to love looking forward to the summer with my sister and my mom:) but i didn't care for the heat though. that's for sure! then again, when fall came, i'd look forward to going back to school (for about 2 days) i used to stare at the clock we had on the wall at school, and couldn't wait to leave! i'd be so happy to get out of class for the day so my younger sister and i could go out and play:) we were the best of friends, and we still are:) its fantabulous to have a lifelong best friend:) we both love fall:) best time of the year!:)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.