Monday, September 29, 2008

Me and my first baby meme.

I saw this meme at Esther's

1. Were you married at the time?
yes

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant/approved?
very excited and over joyed.

3. How old were you?
24

4. How did you find out you were pregnant/on the waiting list?
doctor's office rang with the results from my blood test.

5. Who did you tell first?
Steve. Then my parents and Steve's parents.

6. Did you want to find out the sex?
Yes but we didn't.

7. Due date/Expected arrival date:
20 December 1991

8. Did you deliver/meet your child early or late?
Late. He was born on the 1st of January.

9. Did you have morning sickness/anxiety?
No.

10. What did you crave?
I cannot remember.

11. Who irritated you the most?
Anyone that rang after my due date.

12. What was your first child's sex?
male

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy/while munching Fritos as you waited for The Call?
I don't remember.

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy/complications with Red Tape?
No.


15. Where did you give birth/meet your child?
Queen Victoria Hospital

16. How many hours were you in labor/between The Call and holding your new child?
Over 24 hours of contractions and about 6 hours of very active labor.

17. Who drove you to the hospital/airport/office?
Steve.

18. Who watched/went with you?
Steve

19. Was it vaginal or c-section (no adoption alternative here. Sorry)
Vaginal

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain/self medicate to calm your nerves?
Yes. I had an epidural.

21. How much did your child weigh?
7#10oz. (3.4 Kg)

22. What did you name him/her?
Daniel John.

23. How old is your first child today?
16. 17 in January.

Great meme. Thanks Esther.

Considered yourself tagged if you are a mum/mom and you read my blog regularly. Let me know in the comment box.

4 comments:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Good idea if I get chance to do it!

Anonymous said...

I love these stories!
I'll be tagged :)
God bless

Michele said...

my answers? well, here they are. my only child was also born on january 1st. 25 years ago. normal birth, 14 hrs and 46 minutes of labor. i craved peaches big time, huge craving. brooke was the new years baby.

she received gifts. did i have an epidural? no. they never offered them back then. not even the sex of the baby was able to be determined via ultra sound. morning sickness? not too bad. didn't last long. what irritated me the most? people that made noise all the time. and that still irritates me. brooke was 6 days late. mom was in the delivery room with me. brooke is 25 years old, she'll be 26 in january.

EC Gefroh said...

So glad you participated Therese. I enjoyed reading your responses.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.