Thursday, September 04, 2008

memememe

Adrienne had This fun Meme and I wanted to do it.

It's a "what were you doing, and where" meme..

Here they are:


1. President Kennedy's Assassination - 22 November 1963.


I wasn't born yet for this one.


2. England's World Cup Semi Final v Germany - 4 July 1990

I was just engaged to Steve and didn't even know this was on.


3. Margaret Thatcher's resignation - 22 November 1990

I remember hearing it but it really didn't impact on my all that much. I didn't really get interested in politics.


4. Princess Diana's death - 31 August 1997

I remember this like it was yesterday. I was shocked beyond belief. I remember being glued to the TV that night and feeling very very sad for this women. My sister was living in London at the time and I remember speaking with her about it. Steve and I had 4 young children ranging in age from 5 to 3 months.


5. Attack on the twin towers - 11 September 2001

2001 was a year to remember in our house. It was the year Tom was diagnosed with diabetes and Amelia was born. We had moved to a new town. The morning it happened, Steve and I woke to a clock radio. with the news on. I said to Steve, did they just say that two planes have hit the WTC? He said, I think that is what they said. We didn't really think much more about it but that afternoon when I went to a prayer group they were praying specifically for the people that had been killed.


6. The election of Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger to the papacy - 19 April 2005


It was school holidays and we had the computer on EWTN constantly. The day it was announced was great. I remember waiting and watching Raymond Arroyo and wondering if I would even know who the person was that the Cardinals had chosen. I was pretty ecstatic when it was announced.

Tagging all those that are over 10 and read my blog regularly. Let me know in the comment box if you are posting this.

3 comments:

Roses and Jessamine said...

Well I am over 10 and read your blog regularly so...

Angie said...

Ok, I answered. It brought back some heavy memories. Have a great weekend. angie

Kathleen Miller said...

Thanks Therese, this is a good meme. I would like to try it in the near future.

God Bless!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.