Saturday, September 19, 2009

7 quick takes.


---1---

Half Way.

I have had a pain in my right side for the last couple of days. Once I have posted here, I am going to take a bath to see if it subsides a bit. I think the baby may be lying on a nerve or something. Maybe I should try lying in a different position tonight to get the baby to move.

---2---

Last Week of School.

This week is our last week of term 3. I cannot believe we are 3/4 of the way through the year.
During the holidays my mother is coming for a week and some friends are coming to stay the following week. The children are looking forward to having other people stay with us.

---3--

I have started some summer sewing. The days here have really warmed up. Today got to 23 (72) and tomorrow will be 24 (75). The nights are still quite chilly so we still have extra blankets on the bed.
Christopher needs a few pairs of shorts for kindy. It is too warm to send him in jeans now.

---4---

It's a Wonderful Life.

Last night Steve got this video down. It is such a wonderful video and always helps me feel uplifted.
It doesn't matter how many times we see it, I still cry at the end scene when all the neighbours come in and help out George.

---5---

Pirate name;

Here is your great pirate and ship name. Now you are ready to be pirate. Congratulation!

Real Name:Therese
Pirate Name:Mad Pallas Obrien
Ship Name:Miss Raciela The Red Planet



If you want to know your pirate name go to this link.

---6---

Trixie Belden.

This term I have read books one and two of the Trixie Belden series to Tom and Amelia. They have really enjoyed reading them. We haven't been able to find a copy of book three yet so next term we are taking a break from reading them and I will start reading Little house in the big woods with them.

---7---

Sewing Pattern.

At the moment I am making this top.

I am making view D which is the bottom one with long sleeves.

Thanks Jen from Conversion Diary for hosting Quick 7 each week.

14 comments:

kim said...

i loved trixie belden when i was little. i don't know why they never read this stuff in school anymore. they always read horrible books with disrespectful kids in them or these angst ridden kids... i haven't liked any book my dd has brought home from her school english lit classes in the last 2 years.

Abbey's Road said...

Peace be with you, Theresa. I am enjoying following the timeline of the baby's development, because I have another grand due February 1st. Love the maternity top you have chosen, and as I say good-bye to summer, you are saying hello. How interesting to follow your world below the Equator!

I apologize that I have been so absent for a while. I could email you with all the details, but I don't want to complain and go on and on about "me" .. I just want you to know how very much I appreciate your friendship, and just knowing you are here whenever I need to visit is comforting. You have a way of setting a good and high example for a Biblical life of woman.

God bless you and yours,
Abbey

Dawn said...

Oh, I like that one with the long sleeves! Good luck with your pain.

Anonymous said...

Hope that pain soon diminishes!

I wear that type of top quite often as the style seems to suit me. How clever you re to be able to make such things yourself!

Cathy Adamkiewicz said...

Trixie Belden was a favorite of mine, too! How fun to share that with your children now.

Kym-Anne said...

Hi Therese,
I hope bub has moved and relieved your pain.

I really like your summer top, it looks so cool and comfy.

Have a great Sunday!

Nancy said...

Therese,
I hope your pain has gone away...please keep me posted on how you're doing.
I still can't get over the fact that summer is coming for you...and winter is coming for us!
Maybe one of these days, we'll get to Australia! My husband spent a significant amount of time there and in New Zealand about 25 years ago. He ALWAYS talks about going back!

Therese said...

Nancy,

You will have to come when the baby is born. It will be really hot then.

Gramma 2 Many said...

It is so hard to imagine Hot in February:)
Really like the top pattern. Are you using a knit for it?
My daughter Tricia was born of February, 4th. (A very cold day in Anchorage Alaska thirty some odd years ago.)

Therese said...

Evy,

The top three are made with a knit fabric but the one I am making is a woven one.

Mary-Anne said...

Hi Therese, Just hoping that the top with long sleeves and a woven fabric won't be too hot for that Port Augusta heat???
I like the names Benjamin, Simon and of course, Philip. You've always chosen nice names so I'm sure you'll come up with something nice and special for your little boy.Try not to be too alternative though!.Glad to hear the scan went well.We will be up camping in the Flinders at Rawnsley Park from Mon 5/10 to Sat 10/10. May see you then. Love, Mary-Anne

Katie said...

I love the top you are making Therese! As I approach my halfway in this pregnancy, I find it fun that I am putting away the summer clothing while you are getting it out! I am trying to steel myself for the quick turn in the weather here in Wisconsin - it gets cold quickly and stays that way for a long time!

How does a school year in Australia go? Do you school throughout the year, or do you have a long break?

God Bless!
Katie

Therese said...

MaryAnne,

I cut this top out about 3 weeks ago but when I went to sew it, I had mislaid the instructions. I wasn't confident enough to sew it without the instructions so left it. I found the instructions in another pattern this week so I am going to finish of the top. We are still having some cooler days so the long sleeves are okay at the moment. Maybe I will cut them short though when the weather gets really warm.

Katie,

The school year here runs for 4 terms. We have a long summer break in December and January for 6 weeks. Each term is 10 weeks long and then we have 2 weeks holidays between each one. I really like this set up. When I was at school, the year had 3 terms of about 13 weeks and the school holidays in summer were much longer.

Katie said...

Thanks! It does sound like a nice layout of schooling and rest.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.