Friday, September 04, 2009

My review of A Mothers Rule of Life.

A Mothers rule of life is a book mainly about scheduling and organisation for a Christian Mother. It is much more though than just about organisation. It is about bringing peace to our souls through living our vocation and seeking God in the way that he intended.

Holly speaks about 5 P's that a mother has responsibilities in.
The 5 areas are:

1: Prayer.

2: Person.

3: Partner.

4: Parent.

5: Provider.

Each P has a priority and when a lesser P takes on a higher priority our life becomes unbalanced and life becomes unmanageable.

The book has a good flow to it and is very readable. There is a lot of personal testimony in it that many may find irrelevant to their lives. I think that it shows the journey that Holly went on though to get to the point in her life that God was the top priority and that living her life in the way that God called her too was the way for her to get to heaven.

It is definitely a book I recommend reading and keeping. I refer back to it a lot.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What I love about this book is that even though she wrote it primarily for homeschoolers, it is so applicable to every Christian mother...

Tracy said...

I can't wait to read it :) Someone very kindly offered to loan me their copy! I don't know why I'm always surprised when God shows me the way, but I am ;)

Just when you get to the point where you can't see the way out he shows you, ok sometimes he has to hit me over the head with it LOL

Kym-Anne said...

I'm going to get myself a copy, it sounds like a very interesting read.

Katidids said...

Thanks for the review, I'm checking on line and at the local book stores

Therese said...

It is available through Amazon Katie.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.