Friday, September 18, 2009

Broken and Blessed.

This time 5 years ago, I was pregnant with Christopher. I was pretty sure he was another girl and had chosen the name Celeste Marie for him. I started praying for Celeste Marie around that time. I was quite surprised when Celeste Marie turned out to be Christopher Michael.

I said to Steve at the time, another baby called Celeste obviously needed my prayers.

Until about a month ago, I had completely forgotten about this. I bought the book, Broken and blessed to read. The book is about Celeste. She was born one month after Christopher. Once I had read the book, I was convinced that the baby I had prayed for while I was pregnant with Christopher was the Celeste from this book.

Even though Celeste only lived 4 months, the story gave me a great sense of hope for the future. I also realized our children are not here just for us. They are gifts that God could call home anytime. We are their caretakers and need to cherish the gift that the children are and cherish the gift that their life is.

I don't want to give away too much about the book but highly recommend it. If you are in Australia, the book is available from Fishpond.

9 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Providence. God's hand in all things, even in our prayer life. This is a wonderful post! Thank you! Cathy

Laura said...

Do you visit Cathy's blog? (
The author?
She is such a great writer and deep thinker.
Great post.

Therese said...

Laura,

I came to her blog around the time of Celeste's anniversary and watched the you tube video. I looked straight away for the book in Australia and found it. I have been following Cathy's blog ever since.

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese,
Every good and perfect give comes from the Father of lights, in whom is no variableness nor shadow of turning (paraphrased).
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

Cathy Adamkiewicz said...

Hi Therese -
I posted on my blog today about this - http://cathyadamkiewicz.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-crown-of-roses-prayers-of-love.html.

The roses are for you - in honor of St. Therese.

Maria (also Bia) said...

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

Tea Time With Melody said...

So does this mean if you have a girl you will name her Celeste? For the one that got away so to speak?

Mary N. said...

Stories like this fascinate me. The Lord's hand is upon us all. Thank you for the book recommendation. I'm going to check out the site, too.
I will pray for your family. I have a friend who has Type 1 diabetes. He is in his early forties and has lost part of his vision and is having trouble with his heart. He has 2 children and a wife. Please pray for him, his name is Paul. Thank you. Like you, I pray for a cure for this disease. May God bless you all!

Therese said...

Melody,

Celeste has been on our name list nearly every time since Brigette. I think we considered it for Amelia but it just didn't fit. We know that this baby is a boy so he won't be called Celeste.

Mary,

Thanks for your prayers for my boys. I will keep your friend in my prayers too.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.