Saturday, October 03, 2009

Quick 7.



--1--

One and All.

Yesterday Steve and I drove Tom, Amelia and Christopher to Adelaide for the day. I took Tom and Amelia on the One and All sailing ship and Steve took Christopher to his parents for a visit.

Here are Tom and Amelia just before we got on the boat.

--2--

Visitors.

We are half way through the holidays. My mother has been here since Monday and we have had a good time with her here. Tomorrow my girlfriend Di and her family will come to stay too. We will have a full house.

--3--

Stain help.

Can anyone help me with this stain? One of my children was going to dye Christopher's hair. Instead they dyed my bathroom basin. It is fading but I really want to clean it. Does anyone know what will get it off?


--4--

Girls Day out.

We had lots of fun on our girls day out on my birthday. I forgot to take my camera but we took photos when we got home.

--5--

My fabric:

I have enough black drill to make a maternity skirt and pants.

The pink fabric is for another top.

The floral fabric is for a maternity dress.

--6--

Boys fabric:

I got the boys some plan drill fabric for some shorts. The other fabric is for pajamas and shirts.

We already have some denim fabric for some shorts as well. Here is a pair that I did for Christopher today:

--7--
Girls fabric:
The girls are making a few pairs of board shorts, some dresses, some tops and some bags.

Visit Jen at Conversion Diary for more quick 7.

13 comments:

peta said...

try a 'magic eraser' on the hair dye..you can get it from the supermarket in the cleaner aisle. They are truly magic.lol

Kym-Anne said...

Hi Terese,
Sounds like a nice day on the boat.

I spilt hair dye on our basin once, I tried everything I could think of but nothing worked. David even went as far as trying to scrub it off with steel wool but it only scratched the emanmel.
It has faded to almost nothing but it has took over a month to dissappear.

Good luck!!!! :)

A Bit of the Blarney said...

You ARE having fun!!!

The Dr. where I work uses Gentian violet dye to color urine samples he looks at under the microscopy to show any abnormal cells. He occasionally will drop some on the counter top and I have found that using undiluted chlorine bleach on it will take is out, if not on the first treatment perhaps the next one or two treatments. Hope this will help! :)

Cathy

Nancy said...

Therese, your bathroom sink looks like something that would happen in my house!! Do you have a product in Australia called "Soft Scrub"? It's a mild abrasive and won't destroy the finish on your sink. Otherwise, bleach is my old stand by...but it could discolor your sink (other than purple)!
You could also try alcohol or maybe even gently scrubbing only the stains with steel wool. Let me know what you decide and if it works or not!!

Unknown said...

I wish we were closer so you could show me how to sew-you are so talented!

Shelly said...

are you telling me that your birthday is oct. 1st?

if it is, then that drawing for the giveaway was a definite FIX!! St. Therese was bound to make sure a Therese would win and a birthday on her feast day to boot!

Someone's keeping a close watch on you up there ;)

Therese said...

Thanks everyone for the ideas for my sink. I will see if the magic eraser works and then try the bleach.

Shelly, my birthday is October 1st.

Therese has been a very powerful intercessor for me over the years.

Tom in Vegas said...

That's a mighty nice family you have there! God bless all of you:0)

I'm afraid I have no recommendations for the sink stain since I'm not familiar with products available in Australia. I'm sure that whatever product you use, it will undoubtedly involve some elbow grease.

When you wrote, "One of my children was going to dye Christopher's hair. Instead they dyed my bathroom basin..." I couldn't help but chuckle. This is stuff that kids do because they are kids, and as soon as you have your backs turned to them, they are off doing something else. I'm sure looking at it like that helps diffuse the situation:0)

Looking forward to welcoming number 8 into the world. The best of luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Happy Birthday!

I have used Milton fluid to get hair dye off surfaces. I can't remember how well it worked but it seems to work for most things I attack with it.

God bless

Mary N. said...

I was going to mention the Magic Eraser with a little Comet or Softscrub but I see others have already done so :) It should work. Just be careful if your sink is fiberglass, it will scratch this type of finish. Any other finish should be all set. Good luck!

Tracy said...

fabulous pictures Therese!!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful fabric.

Sarah said...

You have talent, Therese! Sewing all these clothes for you and your family! I can't wait to learn to sew ... One day! =)

Enjoy your visitors! (And good luck with the sink stains!)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.