Saturday, October 10, 2009

Quick 7.

--1--

4th Term.

Monday it is back to the grind for us here. School holidays are over and we will be starting school again. Only 9 weeks in this term so it should go quickly.

--2--

Sewing.

Summer sewing continues and I have got a lot done this week. Amelia has another outfit, the same style as the blue floral one I posted last week. Tom has some more shorts and I did a pair of maternity pants for myself. This weekend I am finishing off some shorts for Christopher and cutting out a maternity dress.

--3--

Probotics.

This year we grew a lot of cabbage. There was so many that Steve and I decided to try making our own sauerkraut.

When I first tasted it, I thought it tasted horrible but I knew that it was pretty good so decided to try it a couple more times.

I now love the taste and it has certainly grown on me. I had a lot to eat on Wednesday and I think that is why I got over my cold so quickly.

--4--

Wii.

These holidays the wii has been played a lot. The younger children were getting up really early to play. They are impossible to get out of bed when it is a school day so I decided there was no wii or computer games in the morning till 10.00am.

Christopher has enjoyed playing Super Mario, Yoshi story and Lylatt wars with lots of help from Tom.

--5--

Summer garden.

Steve has been busy in the garden and we will hopefully have a nice big crop.

Yesterday Steve picked our first cucumber and he has made some strawberry jam. As well as the cucumbers and strawberries we have corn, tomatoes, zucchini, beetroot, eggplant watermelon and rockmelon. I will take some photos later of the garden.

--6--

Bejeweled Blitz.

I really like the new updated bejeweled blitz on facebook.

--7--

Photo.

Another photo from the top of Dutchmans stern.
Pop over to Jen from conversion diary for more quick 7.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great 7~ I love the new Bejeweled too! Would love to see your sauerkraut recipe! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese,
Haven't the holidays gone really quickly?
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

Marilyn said...

I can't wait to see some photos from your garden, even though I know it's going to make me feel jealous!

Anonymous said...

I love Super Mario. :) That's why I'll be a cool grandma! :)

Mary N. said...

Beautiful picture! As for sauerkraut: I know it's good for the body but I just can't stomach it ;)

Kym-Anne said...

Hi Therese,
Great picture!

I'm addicted to Farmville on facebook, I haven't tried Bejewled yet.

I've never tried sauerkraut, I'm not real big on cabbage, except in coleslaw.

have a great weekend :)

Sarah - Kala said...

Being as my grandmother was half German and grew up eating the stuff herself, we also ate plenty of it. My Norkse/Svede/Finn Momma loved the stuff so we ate it more than just at Grans. Myself, I love it. My kids and husband not so much. My BIL made it once and it was divine!!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.