Today Steve turns 43.
I thought I would see if I can come up with 43 reasons why I love him so here goes.
1) I love his smile. It melts my heart.
2) I love his hugs and kisses.
3) I love the way he interacts with our children.
4) He is a caring parent that wants to guide his children.
5) He loves the Lord and wants to pass his faith onto our children.
6) He is faithful in praying for our family.
7) He takes responsibility for family prayer.
8) He takes responsibility for educating the children and teaching them their catechism.
9) He works hard to support the family financially.
10) He works hard gardening and giving us plenty to eat.
11) He takes me out on dates.
12) He is honest.
13) He is faithful in attending mass and seeking reconciliation with God.
14) He is the father of 8 living children and 2 with God.
15) He will give up his wants for the good of the family.
16) He supports me and helps me in planning the children's home school curriculum.
17) He takes the family on holidays.
18) he loves me.
19) He loves all our children.
20) He prays for all our dead relatives.
21) he brings me a hot coffee every morning in bed.
22) he shares his chocolate.
23) he gets up early every morning.
24) He starts everyday with prayers.
25) He reads my blog.
26) Even though we have had so many children, he still comes to the ob with me when I ask him to.
27) Even though we have had some trials in our marriage that have tested his faith, he has kept it and it has become stronger.
28) He is a great support when any of our children have health issues.
29) he makes strawberry jam.
30) He takes days off when when have sick children or I am sick.
31) He has bought me flowers and cut flowers out of the garden to celebrate our anniversary.
32) He is a great time manager and puts up with my terrible time management.
33) He plays the guitar.
34) He picks up the children from school when he can.
35) He cooks tea when I am unwell.
36) He lets Christopher in our bed when he is scared.
37) He keeps our garden nice.
38) He has renovated most of our house with very little help.
39) He reads to the children if they ask him.
40) He takes our boys on camping trips.
41) He has watched the Theology of the Body for teens with our teenage children and spoken with them about chastity.
42) He listens to my opinion on everything and is willing to compromise on any differences we have.
43) He has been faithful and true for nearly 19 years of marriage.
I love you Steve. Thanks for being a wonderful father and husband. I look forward to spending the next 43 years with you.