Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Getting ready.

We are about to change bedroom arrangements.

Daniel finishes his year 12 exams on the 17th of November. On the following weekend we will be swapping around bedrooms.

Madeline will go into Daniels bedroom.
Daniel and Sam will share Madeline's and Brigette's bedroom.
Brigette and Amelia will share Sam's bedroom
Tom and Christopher will stay in their bedroom but they will no longer be sharing with Amelia.
When the baby is born, he will be in our room until I wean him.

Between now and then, I need to get some curtains made.

The 2 curtains in the girls room are for a pretty big window. I am pretty sure I will be able to take one into each room and cover each window.

I will need to make the boys a new one though since I don't think they will be too keen on letting the world look in their room each night.

Next week, we will also buy our pool passes for the season. We have a local pool which the council maintains. For the last couple of years we have bought passes and taken the children over there several times a week. It is a great place to get together with other families and the children have a lot of fun.

Amelia, Tom and Christopher will all need new bathers this summer so that is also going on the list of things to do.

My plan is:

This week(week one): Finish the boys shirts and cut out my maternity dress.
Next week (week two): Sew my dress and cut out the boys and Amelia's bathers.
Following week (week three): Sew the bathers and measure for the boys curtains.Cut the curtains.
Week four: sew the curtains.

Tom's shirt is all done except for the buttons. Christopher's will be at the same stage as Tom's tonight I think. If I can get my dress cut out tomorrow evening, I may be able to get their bathers cut out too. I find that when I have a lot cut out waiting, I can sew it much quicker and get it done.

They are pretty keen to have the pool passes and go to the pool so I will try and get everything done by the time we buy the passes.

8 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

You certainly have more that enough to do to "get ready!" Wishing I could help! Cathy :)

Unknown said...

Wow! So much to do!!!

Katidids said...

The curtian project sounds like it could be a good math / measuring project for the kids! When you say "bathers" your refering to bathingsuits?

Colleen said...

Wow, lots of plans!! SOunds like you've already started to nest :)

Easter Almuena said...

Wow! Therese, how do you manage to do all that?!!! I know. God's grace is always sufficient. :-)

You are wonderful, Therese!

Tracy said...

wow, good for you Therese!!

Sydney said...

Wow! Ambitious list of projects!! I've got a bunch of Christmas presents and baby presents to crochet. I have to keep at it... or it won't get done. It's part of the reason I've been slacking on my blog commenting!

Rachel said...

I'm taking it easy. Shawl this week. Some small sewing project after that. Probably something involving paint the week after that, lol. I've got furniture to paint. :-)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.