Sunday, January 24, 2010
Here is some of my sewing.
I have been keeping busy with my sewing. Today I made this sling for the baby. Unfortunately, I bought the wrong size rings and this fabric is too thick to fit through nicely. I can get it through but it is very stiff and hard to adjust. The pattern I have used is Elizabeth Lee Nursing classics 202. It is rated easy but I found it very fiddly with the wadding in the side and the pillow of wadding in the top. I also have a thinner cotton muslin fabric (below) that I think will fit into these rings okay. I am going to make this one into a sling tomorrow and hopefully put the rings on it and then buy some bigger ones for the above sling.
Besides these I have prepared my pattern for a skirt and top for the babies baptism. Here is the skirt and top pattern with the fabric I will use for those.
I am hoping to pin and cut these tomorrow and have them done before the baby is born.