Sunday, January 24, 2010

Here is some of my sewing.


I have been keeping busy with my sewing. Today I made this sling for the baby. Unfortunately, I bought the wrong size rings and this fabric is too thick to fit through nicely. I can get it through but it is very stiff and hard to adjust. The pattern I have used is Elizabeth Lee Nursing classics 202. It is rated easy but I found it very fiddly with the wadding in the side and the pillow of wadding in the top. I also have a thinner cotton muslin fabric (below) that I think will fit into these rings okay. I am going to make this one into a sling tomorrow and hopefully put the rings on it and then buy some bigger ones for the above sling.


Besides these I have prepared my pattern for a skirt and top for the babies baptism. Here is the skirt and top pattern with the fabric I will use for those.


I am hoping to pin and cut these tomorrow and have them done before the baby is born.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are amazing, Therese! Can't wait to see the finished skirt and shirt!

Mrs. B. said...

Wow! You are amazing! What a gift to be able to sew like that!

Mary N. said...

Good luck with the Baptism outfit:) Slings and baby carriers are great when babies are young. Michaela loved these! I used them most of the day as my arms would get tired from the fibromyalgia, they were a lifesaver. I used to grocery shop, clean and do everything with her in one or the other. I think everyone is looking forward to the birth of your baby:) May God be with you in a special way during these last few weeks.

Lola said...

You have all sorts of experience with these don't you?

I have to make one for a girl at my husband's office. (Her baby is due in March!) It'll be in a 'denium' cotton. (Not as light as chambray, but a dark indigo.)

I don't stuff it. Here in Florida it feels like a coat if I add stuffing. I've made myself about three of these Elizabeth Lee baby slings, the first was stuffed, and found it worked just fine without the stuffing.

Are the kids getting excited to meet the new little one?

Therese said...

Yes Lola,

The children are getting excited. Last night Brigette said to me, why is the baby coming just as we are going back to school? I think you should have the baby tomorrow so that we are home for it.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.