Friday, January 29, 2010

Quick 7!!!!!!!!!

--1--

6 days to go.

Yesterday I had a check up and baby has moved down. I have been having back ache and contractions so my Ob said probably this week. This morning I got up and felt a little bit off so decided I needed to eat some breakfast. I ate a couple of pieces of toast and promptly brought them up. Nausea has been coming and going all day and I have been having contractions but they still are not regular.

--2--

Nappies.

Katie from Humamae Vitae asked me about my aio nappies.

I have made up a couple of different patterns. The first one I used was The Ottobre aio. I didn't really like this nappy pattern. It looks way too big and was a bit too bulky imo with all the layers for the internal soaker.

I then went and searched for another one and came across the Celtic Cross medium nappy and found the pattern much easier to sew. They also had a fairly bulky soaker but I decided to make my soaker smaller. The first nappy I made was too big for a new born so I have down sized the pattern. This one was much easier to down size than the Ottobre one.

--3--

Brigette.

Yesterday I showed Brigette how to update my blog, plurk page and how to post at dcf message board. She is going to let everyone know when the baby is born.

--4--

1st week of school.

School started on Wednesday. The week has been good except for today since I was feeling so off.

We are using Faith and Life for our RE lessons. I love the program. Tom, Amelia and Christopher really like it too.

Both Tom and Amelia asked if we could do Latin so I got out our program that I bought a couple of years ago and we will go through it each afternoon.

Christopher is joining in the morning sessions of our home school. Each morning we have Prayer, Reading, Recite times tables and Faith and Life. We then also do an extra subject that is more hands on for the children or that I can have activities at Christophers level. At this stage I have History of the World, Geography, sewing, cooking and art. In the afternoon while Christopher is at kindy, Tom and Amelia are doing their Maths, Literacy, spelling and reading.

--5--

Musical Theatre.

Last night I took Madeline, Brigette, Tom and Amelia across to the high school to enrol in Musical Theatre. We got them all into a class. We have classes on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. Friday night Brigette wants to do Cadets and Tom, Amelia and Christopher go to Kids club. The only night I don't have something on is Tuesday night. This is just as well since Tuesday night is Steve's staff meeting.

--6--

Weekend Plans.

I am hoping to keep busy. It makes waiting for baby go quicker. This weekend I plan to finish of the aio nappies, make some eggplant parmigania and maybe some labour cookies too. We will go to mass on Saturday night and I will prepare Tom, Amelia and Christopher's programe for next week.

--7--

Lent.

Lent is only two and a half weeks away. I have been thinking about what I want to give up this year. I am giving serious thought to giving up the internet but not really sure if it is what God is calling me too.

Every year, I try and do some extra spiritual reading and spend more time in prayer. I also try to spend more time with the children.

In keeping with my word for the year "Now" I also want to spend more time doing the unpleasent things that I avoid or put off till "tomorrow".

I would love to hear what you are thinking of doing for lent.

Pop over to Jen from Conversion Diary for other quick 7.

19 comments:

Erin said...

Praying for you, babe and family Therese. Soo exciting, not long to go:)

Kym-Anne said...

Wow only 6 days to go!!!!
Praying all goes well :)

Anonymous said...

Wow getting so close now.May you have a glorious birth and I can't wait to hear of the safe arrival.
ps.don't worry about not calling me,you have so much to concentrate on right now,we will chat after everything has settled.
Blessings Tash xxxx

Anonymous said...

Therese, it will only be the blinking of an eye, and your new baby will be here. I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. (((Therese)))

Blessings,
Jillian
http://footprintsdiary.com

kim said...

good luck with the baby. I have been thinking about lent too already. I usually don't give anything up for lent only because I am so lazy at giving things up. I will probably just pray more instead.

Unknown said...

Very exciting! Will be praying and watching!

Still giving thought to Lent...will post when it comes together!

God Bless!

Tracy said...

I'm so excited for you Therese!! How are you feeling? I bet your excited to soon see your new little baby!!

Gina said...

OH my goodness, I bet you have the bub today!
I know many people (one being myself for one of my pregnancies), who brought up their breakfast and went that day!
Well if you do, I'll say a prayer right now...okay done...and if you don't, please keep us posted.

I'd give 'giving up the internet' a go!
Its only for 40 days, and your blog readers will understand and you may have a clearer understanding of whether or not that is what God was calling you to do...as their may be benefits from it.
Up to you of course:)

God bless.. x

Cindy said...

Can't wait to see some baby pictures. May God give you a safe delivery.

Therese said...

Gina,

I thought throwing up was a sign that baby was coming too but nothing yet and I am feeling better.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and words.

I am excited and enjoying watching the children's excitement about the baby. Christopher is telling everyone that the baby will come soon.

Soutenus said...

So very excited as your birth day approaches!
Yay, Brigette; we are thankful that you will keep us updated.

Unknown said...

Looking forward to your birth announcement, praying for you.
Hope the eggplant parmigiana goes well. I have made it with my overgrown golden zucchini, they are about as big as eggplant slices and one does our whole family.
I had never heard of labour cookies before

Anonymous said...

Dear Therese,

In The Traditional Latin Mass Calendar, we will begin our Lenten preparation this Sunday, called, Septuagesima Sunday - Feast of St. John Bosco, C; next Sunday is called Sexagesima Sunday, St. Romuald, Ab. This is a time of preparation and prayers and penances to be able to offer Lent well.

My family attend an indult TLM at a Diocesan Parish, and we do often travel up to St, Catherine's, Ontario, Canada, for Mass at The Latin Mass Apostolate, Queen of The Angels on Carlton St.; they are the FSSP Priestly Society set up by JPII who offer the TLM exclusively.
We will go there for Holy Week, since there are no Traditional weekday services here in Buffalo, NY - a sad, sad, city where our Bishop is shutting down and selling parishes rapid-fire fast, especially those with High Altars.
We pray The SSPX and Rome to set up an Apostolate.

We will honor the fasts and abstinence schedule as per 1962.

God Bless you and a safe delivery - St. Gerard Majella, ora Pro Nobis!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for a quick and safe birth...

Blessings! Glenys

Allison said...

Excited for you and yoru family to meet this person you will all love the rest of your lives.

God bless you all!

ukok said...

Praying for you and baby! Big hugs x

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Stopped in to say you're thought of and you are both in my prayers!!! Cathy

yofed said...

I can't believe how close you are to having this baby!!!

I am not certain what to do for Lent yet, but I guess I should start thinking about it!

Katie said...

I just realized that I didn't thank you for posting where you got your aoi nappy pattern! Thank you, thank you! I think I may try out the celtic cross one.

Many blessings on your labor and delivery - praying that all goes safe and well (and, for your sake, quickly! - in terms of labor and in terms of waiting for going into labor!)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.