Friday, January 15, 2010

Quick 7!!

--1--

School Holidays coming to an end.

Next week on Wednesday, Steve will be going back to work. We will start school on the following Wednesday.

When Steve goes back, I will have to get serious and start planning Tom, Amelia's and Christopher's time table for first term. I am in two minds about when Christopher should be at kindy.

The morning session would suit us much more but because his injections are first thing in the morning, he is more likely to have a hypo in this session than latter in the day. Also once baby comes, it will change things again. I will have to have a good think about this.

--2--

Madeline and Brigette.

Are back from Adelaide. I put them on the bus on Tuesday morning and they got back at lunch time today. It was very quiet here and I am glad they are home now.

--3--

Monday.

Last Monday evening was very hot and humid. Usually, the heat doesn't worry me too much but the humidity is just so oppressive. I considered for about 3 minutes jumping on our trampoline and seeing if that would send me into labour but decided that it wasn't a good idea.

The temps have been great for the rest of the week and we will have high 20's and low 30's right up until next Wednesday. I probably won't consider going on the trampoline until next Wednesday at least lol.

--4--
Baby Swing.

Christopher sat on our baby swing earlier this week and broke it. We had loaned it to some friends that were able to get a part that one of their children broke so I know we can get a part or Steve even thinks that he may be able to fix the part. I hope it hasn't been wrecked though.

--5--

New Meters.

Tom and Christopher have some new meters. I was having a heap of problems with the strips that were going in their Go meter. Both meters were doing exactly the same thing and when I rang Diabetes SA, I was told that they had had a lot of people ringing about this particular meter. I wondered if the heat had affected the strips.

We decided to get the Accu Check Integra meter.

It doesn't have as many features as the Go did but the strips are enclosed and I am hoping that will stop the problems we have had.

--6--

Sewing for baby.

I have a few plans to do a bit of sewing over the next three weeks. I will be making the aio nappies, some slings and some sleeping bags. Hopefully this will keep me occupied and patient for the baby to come.

--7--

Wedding Anniversary.

In two weeks Steve and I will celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. I am going to make the eggplant Parmigiana. I wonder if it will send me into labour..

. --
Don't forget to pop over to Jen's for other quick 7's.

.

7 comments:

kim said...

a pregnant lady on a trampoline has me laughing!

i had to use diabetes meters when i was pg with one of my sons since i had gestational diabetes...I swear it only worked right half the time.

Jenny said...

I have a friend who swears watermelon will put anyone in labor. Doesn't that sound good in oppressive heat? Much better than a turn on the trampoline!

Abbey's Road said...

Congratulations on your anniversary, Theresa. Listening to you describe the heat and the oppressive humidity sounds as though you were right next door during one of our summers in the South. Did you see that my grandbaby arrived on Jan. 4th? You are admmired as always for your dedication to the tasks that belong to a good wife and mother.

God bless you,
Abbey

Unknown said...

Getting so excited for the baby! Make sure you get some rest!

Maryellen said...

Congrtulations on 19 years of marriage.
(in two weeks).

Will keep you in our prayers, and we pray that the baby will not have Diabetes.
My Father had type 1, but it wasn't discovered until he was in his 30's. By then it had taken quite a toll.

God bless the entire family.

Kym-Anne said...

My neice gave birth to a healthy baby girl yesterday morning after 40 hours of labour!!!

She tried everything including castor oil but nothing worked, if you had posted this a day earlier I would have told her to try the trampoline...lol

I hope the new meters work out, the strips I use for Sam are accu check, they have worked fine but it does say to store them below 40* so maybe the heat had something to do with your problem.

I wouldn't work well either if I had to endure the terrible heat you have been experiencing :)
Glad it has cooled down for you.

Tracy said...

So excited for you Therese!!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.