Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cell phone vs . Bible

Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat

our cell phone?


What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?


What if we flipped through it several time a day?


What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?


What if we used it to receive messages from the text?


What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?


What if we gave it to kids as gifts?


What if we used it when we traveled?


What if we used it in case of emergency?


This is something to make you go....hmm...where is my Bible?


Oh, and one more thing.
Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being
disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill.


Makes you stop and think 'where are my priorities? And no dropped calls!


Have a blessed and wonderful day!

Knock, Knock I knocked at heaven's door this morning. God asked me...'My child, what can I do for you?' And I said, 'Father, please protect and bless the person reading this message.' God smiled and answered...'Request granted' . .'

THIS IS PRETTY NEAT,

Place your mouse on the E below and drag to the U.

E ven though you can't see Him, GOD is there for yo U

When Jesus died on the cross, he was thinking of you!

If you are one of the 7% who will stand up for Him, forward this.

93% of people won't forward this.




Thanks to Abbey for emailing me this.

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks for posting! Next time my oldest asks for a cell phone I'm going to give him this with his Bible.

Anonymous said...

LOL. I'm glad I don't treat my Bible like my cell phone.
My phone is usually dead because I forget to charge it.
Messages go unanswered because I forget where it is.
I only use it in emergencies and for holidays when we are keeping in touch with the kinfolk.

And my children aren't allowed one until they are 16- and then only if they have a good reason for having one and can fund it themselves.

LOL

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Great post!

Gina said...

Wowzers!!!!
Fantastic...did you get that from somewhere Therese or make it up?
Coz you are a very clever cookie if you made it up!
That is so amazing and true!
Made me think!!!!!
Thank you.
I will be copying this post and sharing it with a lot of others I think:)

Therese said...

I wish I could take credit for it Gina. It was emailed to me from blogger Abbey Road.

Tania said...

Excellent comparison and so true.

Terese, I found this site via another blog that I visit and thought you may be interested in having a look.

http://www.homeschoolviewtube.com/

Anonymous said...

I love it! I'll have to forward it to my frineds. Thank you.
ciao,
Elena :)

Michele said...

i like this. very thought provoking:)

A Bit of the Blarney said...

This was very good!!! Amen! Cathy

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.