Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tasty Tuesday.

This weekend I did my big cook. I still have a couple of dishes to do but we have enough meals for the next month in our freezer. I am hoping we will have the money for a new big freezer before Christmas so that I can start cooking muffins and biscuits ahead for snacks too.

In the freezer we have:

Spaghetti sauce.
Chicken Snitzel
meatloaf
pizza
chicken spaghetti
chicken and corn casserole.
carrot and zucchini slice
stew

Still to cook are

mac and cheese
potato pancakes.

Here is my recipe for chicken and corn casserole.

300 grams chicken fillets.
1 tin corn kernels
1 tin creamed corn
100 grams each red and green capsicum
100 grams carrots cut
1 whole onion
350 ml sour cream
1 cup chicken broth.
1 tbspn curry. (or less - we like it spicy here)

cook chicken on stove top and add to all other ingredients in casserole dish. bake at 180 Celsius for 45 minutes. Serve with rice.

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

300chicken fillets?? Is that a misprint or are you cooking for the year not the month...

I used to have a cooking day once a month and somehow or another have gotten away from it. You are inspiring me to get my act together again!

Dawn said...

I've always wanted to do this. You have inspired me. I think I'll make it a homeschool project. The kids can help by making snacks and desserts to freeze. Do you have any tips on how to freeze properly or just advice? Thanks!

Therese said...

lol Adrienne. That is 300 grams. Probably about half a pound in your language.

Dawn, on freezing, we use plastic containers with clip lids. I also have found that putting a whole heap in the freezer in a day, the freezer has difficulty freezing it. It may be just because my freezer is so old but I try to spread out putting them in the freezer.

Vicki said...

Adriene beat me to the question. Looks like a great recipe and I think I'll try it. I'm still mulling over the idea of a cooking weekend too. It sure would make evenings much easier.

Oh, and what are red and green capsiscum?

Therese said...

I edited the post so that the chickens are showing grams.

Therese said...

oh and red and green capsicums are called bell peppers I think. They come in red, green and yellow here.

Dawn said...

Thanks Therese, I am going to plan this out. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.