Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The type one mom song.

Mary Jayne from Type One Parents saw My post on momsense and sent me a message about this video.




This is very similar to what our life is like with diabetes. I would like to support jdrf but while they are spending funds on embryonic stem cell research I am not able to support them and have a clear conscience.

---------------------------------------------------

Theresa:

A couple of weeks ago, a poster called Theresa left a comment on my post about Tom. Theresa, if you are reading this I would love to speak to you via email about diabetes and home schooling. My email is in my profile or if you want to leave a comment here with your email, I am happy to email you.

Thanks
Therese

4 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Have been praying for a cure for a LOOOONG time. Still it has to be ethical and not at the expense of another's life. So I continue to pray. God bless you all and especially Tom! Cathy

Therese said...

Exactly Cathy. No one should die so that we can have a cure.

God bless you and Wes too.

Unknown said...

I giggled when I watched this because there was so much truth in this. My nephew has Type 1, and that video was all too familiar for the way my sister's family lives their life. We pray for a cure, but not one that will cause babies to die. Thanks for posting!

middleaged@uni said...

Hi Therese,

I think many parents of children with a range of chronic illnesses could identify with this very funny but poignant video as well as the issues raised in finding cures. For my daughter Mary it is checking the time of day and Uv levels to see if it might be relatively safe for her to go outside as she suffers from Xeroderma Pigmentosum. Hopes for treatments and cure are largely pinned on gene therapy and all the implications. (I know you know all this Therese but some of your followers might not so just filling them in)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.