Friday, January 02, 2009

Do you make New Years Resolutions?

Last year I had a couple of new years resolutions.

My first was to cut back on our spending. I decided that cooking ahead once a month and having meals prepared was a good way to do this. It was successful and looking at our budget from 2008 and comparing it to 2007 I have made my goal.

I also wanted to get serious with running a budget and knowing exactly how much money we have spent and how much we have left each pay. I was also successful at this and we are much better off finacially than we were at the end of 2007.

My other goal was to declutter a room a month. I started with decluttering the children's clothes. I did this to a degree but not fully and no main room has been started. I think when I make a resolution like this I have in the back of my mind that I will be able to do it later and it just never gets done.

So my commitment this year is to stick with this. I have written out a list and assigned a main room a month to decluttering. I have also bought a note book. In the notebook I have written a couple of goals for the year and things I want to change. I am going to write in this book each night and reflect on what I did to meet these goals. I am hoping by writing down what I have done or neglected to do that I can motivate myself to do something now rather than wait till tomorrow.

What are your new year resolutions?

Therese
Post a Comment

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.