Thursday, December 13, 2007

At 1 am this morning.

The police knocked on our door.

I didn't hear them. Steve got up and that half woke me then he came back and put on the light, got dressed and said I'm going to answer the door.

He went of and I heard him talking to someone. Then he came back into our room and I asked him what is going on. He said someone tried to set our next doors neighbours car on fire.

I don't know exactly what happened but the perpetrators were heard and when my next door neighbour went outside they jumped over the fence and ran down the street.

So we had a bit of midweek excitement. Although this is the kind of excitement I can do without. Please pray for these perpetrators and my neighbour. She must feel so violated.

ETA, Steve has looked at the car and it is wrecked. There are some real idiots out there.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Gees. That's rough stuff. So you'll feel better you may want to do the Meme that i've tagged you for!! LOL.
Merry Christmas/Blessed Advent!

Marie said...

Oh how frightening!! I will keep them and your family in my prayers:).

Peace to you:)

Marie

WhiteStoneNameSeeker said...

Nasty stuff.
We had some things like that happen to us where we lived before. We had a car stolen and wrecked. Then our next car was broken into and ransacked. I had to laugh though because they didn't steal anything. We found the window smashed in and the tapes all over the passenger seat-but they were all there; Nursery rhymns; The Donut Man; Christian songs and Little Tales. Strangely they didn't like our taste in music. lol.
Finally the car was broken into again and the kids tried to hotwire it. A neighbour saw them and called the police.
The police arrived in marked cars -but the kids were so dim and so intent on what they were doing they didn't notice until they had been arrested.
It was the middle of the night and they were just kids. Sad.hkoayo

Lisa said...

Oh, my word, that's awful! And awfully close to home for you! What a world! Prayers for all involved!

Episcopollyanna said...

Oh, I didn't notice this until today. How awful. That happened to our neighbors when I was growing up and it's very frightening. Prayers for all involved. :(

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.