Tuesday, December 11, 2007

busy busy busy.

The Christmas season is lots of fun but I get really stressed out with all the different Christmas shows.

Last night we had Christmas Carrols and a BBQ tea at the school. On Thursday night we have a Scout Christmas party out our house.

Because we went out last night no one did any of their evening jobs. It was also difficult to get the children out of bed this morning. Most mornings I try to get up around 5.30 to pray and go on the internet before the children get up. I haven't been doing that much since I came back from Adelaide with Tom becuase I have been up through the night checking his sugars. Now I only need to get up at midnight so I started getting up early on Sunday morning again. I wasn't able to get out of bed early this morning either.

So the housework is behind and the house looks like no one has done any work for a month. I was going to go over to the school at lunch time for a shared lunch but I have decided to give it a miss and get things done here.

I really need to look at my mothers rule and work out how to fit extra things in and keep up with the housework. Those of you that have a mothers rule, how do you cope with the extra activities at this time of year?

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

My favorite system for the house is Fly Lady
http://www.flylady.net/

I would highly recommend her book Sink Reflections. You can buy it used at Amazon for about $7.00. The book puts it all in order where on the website you are jumping around (which is sometimes what gets us in trouble to begin with.)

I think it is brilliant and have been using her system for about 4 years.

Therese said...

I have seen the fly lady before but didn't realize that she had a book out. I joined up the yahoo group and just got too many emails. I couldn't keep up with them.

Michele said...

i have been fortunate. my child is fully grown, so there is not much for us to do. we only cook the dinner now on the 25th, and that is pretty much it. all our shopping is done. one thing i would love to do is to go see Handel's Messiah. that is one thing i would just love to do!

Adrienne said...

Like we have time for all those emails......

Book, book, book and...... since you have been such a good girl this year it will be my gift to you for Christmas.

email me at adrienne@icehouse.net with your address.

Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

So the housework is behind and the house looks like no one has done any work for a month.

Totally relate!

We have the added complications of still unpacking and also, Nick is busy finishing a project this week, so it's in everyone's interest to take the kids out every day in the afternoon. Except that does mean lots of things aren't getting done!

If you have even just a few spare $$ (I know it's an expensive time of year) you could possibly hire a bit of extra help here and there. Just a thought.

Also, you could just resign yourself to the fact that things will get a bit behind and perhaps just bother with the most essential things - clean undies and socks etc. As for me, the nappies (we have cloth) and bottles (Linus has stopped breastfeeding, sadly) are the most vitally important things. After that, a few clean clothes and dishes and just a bit of a tidy up to avert bombsite are the next most important things.

And my daily gospel reading, English and Maths for the kids.

Therese said...

Thanks Louise. I am sorry to hear about Linus and breastfeeding.

I prayed the rosary tonight and the place is just about back to normal. The children finished school today so I won't have the pressure of getting them ready and out the door now.
Tomorrow night is the scouts bbq here and I think that we should have everything back up to date by then.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.