Monday, December 17, 2007

Getting everything ready.

Over the last couple of weeks Steve has been preparing our bedroom for painting. If you all remember, our bedroom is an old kitchen so he had to pull the tiles off the walls and remove the taps too. The walls have been a lot of work. He is finally just about ready to paint though. Now the hard part is agreeing on what colour to paint it.

I have made a bit of progress with the children's clothes that need to be sewn and had a shopping trip on Saturday and got most of our presents. I will have another shopping day later this week.

I spent a bit of the weekend working out our food menu for the next two weeks. I found a great recipe for home made egg nog at As we wait in Joyful Hope and I am going to have a go at making it. If we have egg nog here, I buy it in a carton. I am also going to make some White Christmas and Rumballs and make a Christmas Pudding. I haven't ever made my own Christmas pudding or egg nog before so I am looking forward to making them both. I hope they turn out as yummy as they sound.

3 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

I've never tried *real* eggnog, but I love the fake one you buy in the milk section of the supermarket. I think this year you have inspired me to make my own for the 1st time!

Jenny

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

I hope your recipes turn out delicious. I've never tried making an egg nog from scratch. That should be a real treat!

Michele said...

if i made my own eggnog, it'd turn out to be a disaster!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.