Saturday, December 15, 2007

I love holidays.

The children are all finished. Steve has one day left. Yesterday was such a relaxing day. I had to take Daniel to work early but went back to bed after Steve had left for work. Since our neighbour's car has been burnt, I haven't slept well. I am waking at every single creep. Our gates were rattling a lot last night and every time I thought is someone out there? When I got up I did a bit of housework and then started my sewing. I got Amelia's dress cut out. I also traced Tom's pattern and started tracing Christopher's.

I took Brigette, Amelia and Christopher to the pool. When Steve came home, he took the children to the library and I went and did some shopping. After tea we went to soccer. Steve and I made some final decisions on Christmas presents.

Madeline's friend came for a sleepover after soccer so they had a late night. Today we will go to the soccer presentation and then I think all our commitments for the children's extra activities are over. I really enjoy days that we don't have to be anywhere at any time. That is what the next week will be like. We will hang out around the house, do housework and go to the pool. I will hopefully get a lot of sewing done and I am looking forward to trying out the oamc sometime during the holidays.

4 comments:

Marie said...

It is so refreshing to hear a mother say she loves the holidays.

My mother was also the same she loved it when we were home. I never heard her complain about us being around or making too much mess.

I really do hate hearing mothers say that they are sick of their kids being home and long for school holidays to be over. What do their children make of such a comment? That they are a nuisance?

God bless you Therese and your lovely family:)

Marie

Therese said...

I think that it is a result Marie of the contraceptive mentality. Children are a nuisance and need to be avoided. This is the lie that the devil has sewn in society.

Thanks Marie for your kind words.

Michele said...

i love the holidays too. i get frank all to myself for 1 week! joy!!!!

Ebeth said...

Boy, Therese, I'm glad I not the only one starting her sewing now....I used to get the girl's dresses planned out , fabric purchased, cut out and started long before now....Not anymore. I think both will get a skirt this year. Oh well.

I, to am glad we love having our children home for the holidays...everyday is wonderful with the family together.

Blessings to you and your family.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.