Saturday, June 20, 2009

7 quick takes.

It is a while since I joined in the 7 quick takes. I decided to do it again today.

---1---

Home school.

Only two weeks left of second term. The last couple of weeks seem to drag by and the holidays take forever to come around.

---2---

Bathroom renovation.

Steve is moving along with the renovation. The door has been filled in. Here is a photo taken when the door was removed and the timbers were put in for the wall to go on.


---3---

Holiday plans

The girls want to have a girls outing during the holidays. Steve is planning to paint the bathroom and do the floor tiles.

---4---

Diabetes.

Tom and Christopher both have a check up in Adelaide on the 3rd of July. This is the last day of term so we will finish of school work on Thursday.

---5---

Sewing.

I have been feeling a bit sick of sewing and haven't done very much at all over the last 6 weeks or so. I am going to start doing the continuous curtains for the front windows soon. I also want to sew myself a jacket for winter. I have really been feeling the cold this winter.

---6---

Purple hair.

Sam bought some hair dye and dyed his hair purple. He had a little left over so asked me if he could put a purple streak down the centre of Christopher's hair. I said it was fine so now I have two boys with purple hair. Photos will be coming soon.

---7---

Embryonic Stem Cells.

Go and check out Euripides post on embryonic stem cells. It is very funny.

6 comments:

Shelly said...

totally waiting for the purple hair :)

Michele said...

oh i so love renovating!!!!

Alexandra said...

LOL, about the purple hair.

Kym-Anne said...

Hi Therese,
I can't wait to see the boys with their purple hair!!

It has been so cold here so I know how you feel!!
I have been hunting around for a new jacket but the prices are outrageous, I've never tried to sew clothing before but maybe it's time to give it a go.

Therese said...

Kym,

A jacket would be a great piece to start sewing clothes with. You can get some pretty simple patterns for them.

My favourite patterns are kwik sew. They are a bit pricey but once you have the pattern, you are set. I look on Ebay for patterns before paying full price for them.

Suzy said...

Can't wait for the purple hair pictures.
I had a purple hair moment when I was a teenager.... long long time ago lol!
Lots of fond memories of cleaning the dye off the white bathroom tiles :0)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.