Friday, June 05, 2009

It has been a bit too quiet here.

I have been so busy with real life that my blog and reading others has had to take a bit of a back seat. Hopefully things will quieten down a bit after Tom's first communion.

We have my mother and mother in law coming to stay next Thursday. They will stay for the weekend. Tom's God parents will come with 4 of their children on Saturday afternoon and stay for the night.

I also have had a bit of bloggers block. I sometimes find it hard to think about what to post about. I usually fall back onto the weekly posts like the The Simple Women's Daybook or Small Successes but I have even had trouble thinking about what to post with those posts.

Finally today I had an idea about what I could post about. I did want to do a couple of more posts on diabetes and living with it. I thought though, I really want to know what you want to know so here is your opportunity. Ask me any questions you have about diabetes in the comment box and I will do another post in a couple of days about it.

Have a great weekend. We celebrate the Queens birthday this weekend so have a public holiday on Monday. I am looking forward to the long weekend.

You can read the other posts I did on type one at these links:

Part one,
Part 2
and Part Three

5 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Just take time to enjoy the family and this woderful celebration...God bless you all! Cathy

Adrienne said...

Blogger "block" is caused (I'm convinced), from too much information flowing in. It creates a huge log jam in our heads and we need to take time to sort it out.

paramedicgirl said...

Therese, that happens to all of us. Just take a few days and enjoy what is happening with your family, and have a break.

One thing I like to do is pray to the Blessed Virgin for inspiration on what to write about, since I have asked her to be patron of my blog. If you have a saint for a blog patron, you might try praying to him/her.

Easter Almuena said...

Taking the back seat is always good when we need it. :)

Hugs to you, Therese! And thanks so much for praying for my m-i-l. Hugs...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Tom's First Holy Communion and First Confession. What a wonderful time for the family.
God bless you all

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.