Thursday, October 18, 2007

A little miracle.

I was reading over at Vox Nova an article on tithing this week. I was thinking as I was reading it that we have seen God looking after us since we started tithing.

Today is pay day and I was going through our bills. After paying them all we were going to have about $100.00 to feed our family and get petrol for the fortnight. We do have savings for bills from previous fortnights when we haven't had a lot of bills but I was hoping that a fair bit of that would be used for Christmas presents and some more renovations. With the bills that we have our savings were going to be pretty insignificant.

I finished of going through our paper work and found a tax notice down the bottom. I thought what is this? We haven't received anything recently from the tax office. It was a refund cheque from 2003. I couldn't believe it. I cannot believe it has been in the bottom of our paper work for so long and shown up when we have an expensive fortnight of bills. There was much rejoicing when I told Steve and the children. It has come at just the right time.

Praise God for small miracles.

10 comments:

Michele said...

praise God indeed! the money was there when you needed it! awesome!

Dawn said...

God works in wonderful ways!

Therese said...

Absoultely. He is faithful.

Michelle said...

Therese, God never fails! Awesome that even your heart's desires are being met because God chooses to give in such abundance.

Episcopollyanna said...

How wonderful! God is truly looking out for you. :)

EC Gefroh said...

How nice of God to give you that little surprise Therese.

paramedicgirl said...

Tithing is so important, and God cannot be outdone in generosity. I have heard similar stories to this many times, and I have learned to put my finances in God's hands. Everything always works out when you trust God.

Therese said...

I am still amazed that this cheque isn't at the bottom of the rubbish dump. I go through our paperwork once a fortnight. I then file all the bills that are due that fortnight for payment and pay them. I cannot remember seeing this cheque there before even though I must have gone through the papers in there hundred's of times. That cheque has been sitting there for 4 years. It really is a miracle.

Amy said...

Amazing!! God is good! Wish that would happen to us!!

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

We have found that God doesn't always give us what we want, but he ALWAYS makes sure we have what we need.

What a blessing to your family.

Jane

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.