Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Burnt Finger.

Last Friday we had no bread left by lunch time. I decided we would have pasta for lunch rather than go and buy some.

Christopher got up to help me when the pasta was just cooked and put his hand on the hotplate that I had just taken the pasta off.

I acted quickly and got his hand under cold water pretty fast. He was quite hysterical for about a half hour after but because we had been so quick getting his hand in the water he only had a small blister on his middle finger.

I was holding Christopher for the first 5 minutes or so that we had his hand under the water and then Steve lifted him onto the edge of the sink.

Since my hands were empty and I saw a blog post opportunity I went and got my camera and took some photos.

Here Christopher is when Steve lifted him out of my arms onto the edge of the sink.




He decided that just having his hand in the water wasn't good enough so got into the sink, clothes and all.






12 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so sorry his finger hurt but these pictures are so funny.

Kym-Anne said...

Oh poor little man!
I hope he is feeling better.

Lisa said...

Poor little guy. I think he was being very practical, though, about sitting in the sink. Had to be more comfortable than leaning over it ~ and look how well he just fits right in there.

Lerin said...

GREAT moment to capture on film! Poor little guy, burns hurt!

Kalona said...

Ouch, burns hurt! Kiss that little finger for me. I love the pictures. :o)

Adrienne said...

Signs of blog addiction: using the mishaps of our children as a "blog post opportunity". Too funny!

And I'm with him! Sitting in the sink seems like a really good idea!

Soutenus said...

Now those are some adorable pictures! I hope his hand is completely better!!

Michele said...

ooh, that reminds me of the time i suffered second degree burns on 18%of my body! i burnt both tops of my legs, and part of my inner left elbow and right hand baby finger. how? i had boiled hot water and put it in my hot water bottle and the rubber on it was too weak and it exloded onto my pants and through my shirt. i did not stay over night in the hospital, but suffice it to say, it was a very painful 8 week recovery. it was excruciating to say the least. that was worse pain that my labor and delivery of my own daughter!

Anonymous said...

I hope he didn't wee in the bath while he was there.

Tracy said...

so sorry about his finger but the pictures are great!!

Alexandra said...

Oye, the painful lessons we learn as children. I bet he'll leave hot things alone now. My three year old is forever touching everything. I sound like a nut when I'm cooking, saying, " Hot, hot, hot, don't touch, don't touch!", but they do anyway! They just have to learn through their hands.

Glad he is okay with just a little boo-boo. Cute pictures!

Conservamom said...

Poor baby! But those pictures are too funny! It is through these moments where learning experience takes on a whole new meaning! haha. God bless your family!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.