Monday, April 20, 2009

5mart Martha Monday.

My 5 from last week.


I did pretty well.

1. Sleeping bag is 95% done. I would have finished it but I didn't have a zip for the hood. I will get a zip this week and finish it of.

2. Curriculum plan is half done. I will finish it of this week. The oamc is just about complete. Here are the meals I did today.



Here is the mess I made.


The store room is getting cleaner. I will probably finish it off this week.

We didn't have a family outing this week.

I did pray each morning and sit in silence.

This week my plans are:

Sewing:

Cut out some shopping bags.

Homeschool and household:

Finish of the curriculum plan and continue with our storeroom.

Health:

Drink lots of water and no soft drinks.

Family:

I am hoping Steve and I will be able to get out for tea one night before school starts next week.

Spiritual:

Start writing in my prayer journal again. I have neglected it a lot.

Do you have anything you want to get done? Let me know in the comments section and I will add a link to your blog.

Therese

5 comments:

Michele said...

oh i have a few things i'd like to get done! like ask my landlord to rip out the carpet in this townhome! its terrible having your home carpeted everywhere except the kitchen, and bathrooms! i HATE carpet!!!!!!!!

Tracy said...

I've decided to start a prayer journal, any ideas or thoughts on how I can begin, I've heard they are so good for reflection etc. but I'm not sure how to begin:)

Therese said...

Marilena,

I hate carpet too. We have carpet in one room only in the whole house and it is only because my son wanted it there. When we renovate it and change it to the family room/home school room, the carpet is going.

Tracy,

I have journaled off and on for years. I first started it about 15 years ago when some friends gave me a nice hardcover book. The book had a lovely picture on the front and I thought it was perfect to keep as a prayer journal.

This year I started again with a plain exercise book. I don't feel as motivated to write in it though so I want to buy another book similar to the one my friends gave me.

I write down anything I read that speaks to me. I put in prayers I like and write about my feelings.

I also write about any worries I have so that I can look back and see how out of proportion I blew them. I have found that to be a huge help in dealing with current worries. I think writing them down also gets them off your chest a bit.

I hope that helps you a bit.

Therese.

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese,
Could you please tell me what an oamc is? I'm guessing that it has something to do with meal preparation?

Vicki said...

Therese, Wow, you accomplished a lot! I'm impressed and motivated. I think I'll try the freezer meal thing on our next school break.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.