Saturday, April 18, 2009

Day two of my oamc.

Today I started the cooking and preparing food for freezing.

The first thing I do is cook the meat. Last night I cooked the chickens and made the stock. Usually I would cook the mince too but since the Kangaroo meat shop was shut when I got there, I had to wait till the morning to buy it.



I cook 4 kg at a time and that is enough meat for about 3 lots of 2 different meals. This lot of meat is doing my spaghetti sauce and the cheeseburger soup.

Once the meat is cooked, I make the spaghetti sauce.



This sauce will do three meals.



Here it is in the containers ready for the freezer.

While the sauce was cooking, I cut up all the vegetables for the pumpkin soup. I forgot to photograph the soup prep.

After the pumpkin soup I did the cheeseburger soup.



Here is Christopher helping me cut up vegetables for the cheeseburger soup. After the soup I did the chicken schnitzels.



Here is the cheeseburger soup we had for tea tonight.



To make the chicken schnitzels, I put the fillets in flour, egg and milk and breadcrumbs.



I then wrap them in alfoil lined with baking paper.



Here are all the meals ready for the freezer. I have three spaghetti sauces, three serves of chicken schnitzels, three serves of pumpkin soup and two serves of cheeseburger soup (it would have been three but we ate one for tea.

Tomorrow I will have a break since it is Sunday, On Monday I will make:

Hamburgers, chicken and corn soup, mushroom pasta, stew and meat loaf.
Post a Comment

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.