Monday, April 13, 2009

5mart Martha Monday.

Here is my list from last week.

I had another good week.

Here is Tom's new shirt.


Holy week was great. We took all the children to all the masses and I spoke with Tom, Amelia and Christopher about Holy week in our religion lessons.

I cleaned out two shelves in the store room and made good progress.

I drank water everyday and ate pretty well too.

Yesterday we had fun hiding some éclairs and having an Easter hunt.

I didn't sit every morning in Silence but I did have a time each day that I did it. I am finding it very beneficial to my prayer time.
Steve and I were also able to stay after Holy Thursday Mass for Adoration. Daniel took everyone home and we stayed for one hour. It was great to sit in silence for that time and be with Jesus.


So my 5 for this week:

Sewing:

I have cut out a sleeping bag to make for my niece. She was born on New Years Eve so it is a bit late but the cold weather won't start for another couple of weeks. I want to sew it this week.

Home school and housework;

We are on holidays this week. I am doing our curriculum plan for next term though. Today I cleaned out the home school room and I started writing my plan for the next term.

I will also continue cleaning out the storeroom.

Health:

I will be doing the oamc this weekend and getting everything frozen.

Family:

Since we are on holidays, I am hoping we will have a family day and go out together. We will see what we can do.

Spiritual:

Sitting in silence and I want to start using my prayer journal more. I have neglected it for a while but I know it is helpful for me to have and look back.

If you have a list of challenges, feel free to put them on your blog or in the comment section.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Good Morning Therese (well...morning for me!!)...when you begin your oamc...would you be willing to share some photos or recipes?
I have wanted to do this for the longest time! I bought several books with recipes and step by step instructions...but it seeems so daunting. My kitchen is so small with very little counter space. I'd love to hear what your experience is as you're doing it. Have you done it before???

Therese said...

Hi Nancy,

I started oamc last year. It was daunting for me at first but I have a pretty good hold on it now.

I will take some photos and put them up. I will also explain some of the basics I have learnt through doing it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese
I too am trying to have some time sitting in silence every day. I am also trying to pray the rosary every day. I find the rosary so beautiful.
Oh, and drinking eight glasses of water every day... but I keep forgetting.
Have a wonderful week.
Rosemary
xxx

Lisa said...

Blessings and happy Easter Monday, Therese!
Best of luck with your challenges this week ~ You always seem to pull through way better than I do! My biggest challenge is going to stay on top of the mess and the cooking while all my kids are home on Easter break! Work I don't mind doing, frustrating though it is.
(We all loved your Easter Bunny in the fridge joke a couple posts back, by the way. Too cute!)

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.