Thursday, April 02, 2009

Taking a break.

I watched this video last night:



It was a bit of a wake up to me.

It started me thinking, what am I prepared to do for the gospel? I realized that I am not really prepared to do very much at all. I feel quite comfortable in my life. I am happy but I also have a lot.

I started thinking about what I have and what would happen if I was forced to give it up? I think my faith is strong enough that if God took everything I held dear away, I would still believe in him. I may feel hurt and like he owes me something and wonder what the heck I had done wrong to deserve this.

Remember when I hurt my finger, I said to Steve, I am so bad at offering sacrifices. that I only offer them when I have too like a sore finger. I don't think God asks us to go around hurting ourselves but I know he wants us to offer things freely, not because circumstances dictate it.

There are many little sacrifices that I can offer. I can spend less time on computer. I can get up earlier and pray each morning. At the beginning of lent, I decided I wanted to cut my computer time back. I was going to spend a maximum of 1 hour a day reading blogs. It wasn't long and that 1 hour turned into 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour at night. Not long after that I started catching up with other blogs at lunch time and not getting off till it was time to get the school children. I just cannot do small. I have to have all or nothing. So I have decided to have nothing. I am going to give up the computer except for checking email in the evenings once the children are in bed.

I hope everyone has a blessed Holy Week and that everyone knows the joy that the Resurrection brings.

Therese
Post a Comment

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.