Saturday, April 25, 2009

Quick 7.

1

Car service.

On Wednesday we had our car serviced. While it was in the workshop, the door got badly damaged. The service took about a hour longer because when they first damaged the car, they couldn't get the door shut. We drove home with a door that whistled.

2.

Car Door repair.

The service place that damaged our car is paying for the damage (obviously since they are responsible for it) and we will have to take it in on Monday. I have no idea how long we will be without a car but it will be painful. I am taking it down to the crash repairer on Monday morning.

3.

Home school.

On Monday it is back to the grind here in South Australia. We start term 2. Tom will be receiving his First Holy Communion in June so we will be preparing him for that and reading lots of books about the Eucharist.

4.

Sleeping bag.

I started sewing a new sleeping bag for my niece who was born on New Years Eve. I wasn't able to finish it off because I didn't have a open ended zip which it needed. I was going to get the zip in Adelaide and finish it off and send it to my sister. I realized in Adelaide that I had cut the front and back out the wrong way. All the animals on it are upside down. I think I will have to cut another front and back out and replace them.

5.

Plastic bags.

Starting on the 4th of May, shops in South Australia are not allowed to use any plastic bags. For years all shops have supplied us with bags for all our shopping. This is suppose to be in the interests of looking after our environment. I have bought a couple of the recycle bags from the shops but so many of them have broken that I am not happy to keep on paying for them. I have decided I will make a couple up myself.

6.

Christopher.

A couple of weeks ago, Tom tested Christopher's sugar level when he was doing his own. He told me that Christopher was 11.0. (198). I thought well maybe his hands had a bit of sugar or something on them. I decided to do another fasting test for him and it came out at 7.9 (144) which is a bit high for a fasting bsl.

Tom's endo did a hba1c which came back at 5.8. Even though this is in the normal range, she thought it was a bit high for a 4 year old so we have had a blood test done. We will know in a week if Christopher is a type one diabetic too. Please pray for him.

7.

Marilena.

My blogging friend Marilena's mother is very ill. You can read about her here. Please pray for Marilena and her mother.

Therese.

Pop over to Jens for other quick 7

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

3. Australia?? Please!!! Victoria has been back for a week. It is South Australia that is behind.

Therese said...

edited just for you Marco.

Lerin said...

Oh no... I hope the test comes back negative for another type 1 diabetic kiddo! :( It must be so difficult as a mommy. I'm so lucky mine goes away when I have the baby.

Anonymous said...

The plastic bag thing is getting silly. They are not completely banned in the UK yet-but we wont be far behind.

Hope those blood sugars come down. It's such a battle with a sick child.
God bless you all.

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

About a month ago, I had a similar situation with my car. I had it serviced and then I asked to have my door checked because it was making a noise when I opened and closed it. Turns out it was fractured and needed to be fixed at the body shop - 3 extra days! Then when I got it back, I needed to arrange to take it back as they messed up the paint when they welded something from the door. Another day in the shop! I hope your car is fixed faster! Such a headache, especially when you need to transport children here and there.
I'll keep Christopher in my prayers.

Therese said...

Lisa,

how frustrating. I really hope I don't have to keep taking our car back.

Therese said...

Shell,

The plastic bags frustrates the heck out of me. Recycled bags came out about 2 years ago I think. I bought some at first but they all broke pretty quickly and I didn't want to keep on wasting my money on them.

I think the supermarkets are going to pay for this though. Since they won't give bags, people will stop buying any extras.

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese

Hope the tests results for Christopher are negative. One kid with diabetes is enough for a family. The one we both know of wiht two seems to do it tough

Karnak

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.