Monday, April 06, 2009

5mart Martha Monday.

click here to read my list from last Monday

I did pretty well last week.

I cut out Tom's shirt, took the children to the Chrism Mass, counted all calories for the day, drank 8 glasses of water each day and I sat in silence for 10 minutes every morning when I first woke up. My mind did wander a lot onto my day and what I needed to do but I did always bring myself back to being in God's presence. It is a hard thing to do but something I want to persist with so I will be doing it again this week.

We didn't get to the pool for a picnic and swim unfortunately.

So this week my goals are:

sewing: Finish sewing Tom's shirt.

Housework and home school: Learning all about Holy week and the days in Jesus time leading up to his crucifixion. I am also cleaning out our store room.

Health: continue eating well and drinking water.

Family: Easter will be at home this year so we will attend all the different Easter services at our church. We will probably go to the Easter Vigil. This is my favourite mass for the whole year. On Sunday morning we will have pancakes for breakfast and follow up with an Easter Egg hunt. Last year we hid so many that we couldn't remember where we had put them all. Our dog ended up finding a lot and eating them.

Spiritual: I am going to continue my sitting in silence and being in God's presence. I am going to try for 15 minutes this week.

Do you have a list of things you want to do this week?

Leave your 5 in the comment box or on your blog and let me know. I will add a link to your blog.

Therese

4 comments:

Michele said...

well, since spring hasn't been back fuly, and nthing new to report back about in the bird world, i thought i'd post more on my garden, drop by if you like:)

Anonymous said...

Drinking water! I must!

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese
Thanks for visiting my blog!
I have been enjoying reading your blog and look forward to reading new entries.
God Bless
Rosemary
xxx

Annie said...

What a really good idea!

And...somehow I thought the Chrism Mass was always on Holy Thursday as it is in our diocese.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.