Sunday, April 05, 2009

A change in plans.

My break didn't last long did it?

I have prayed and spoken with Steve about some of the comments left in my last thread and decided that I will post a couple of times over this week.

First, I want to thank Alexandra for this comment:


Don't forget the blessings of friendship that your time bestows. If you make your blogging a ministry of service to others, then I think you are serving God. There is so much negative in this world, it's nice to see God's love working through others.

This comment was the main reason I decided I should still post on here this week.

I will still keep my computer time limited so may not make it to read your blog.

At the beginning of easter we have a two week holiday break from school so I will have plenty of time to catch up I hope.

Since Thursday night I have been keeping myself busy with prayer and family. On Friday I took our younger 4 to Whyalla again for clothes for the boys. In Whyalla there is a bigger target and shopping centre than we have here.

I have a few outfits to sew but the children are pretty well all set for winter. We have had a couple of cold nights and mornings. The children are getting up with their blankets wrapped around them.

Yesterday the older boys and Steve went to Port Pirie for Paint Ball Skirmish. We didn't do much at home. I organised Tom, Amelia and Christopher's room and did some cooking. The boys got home in time for evening mass so we went and then had pizza and watched Narnia with the children. It is such a great movie.

Last night we wound our clocks back one hour for the end of daylight savings. I really love the first week after the end. It is so easy to get up early and get the day organised.

Yesterday afternoon, I went and caught up with a few blogs. One of the comments left in my post about Tom was a link to Dr. Oz talking with Michael J Fox and Oprah about escr.

Go and watch the video here

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Don't forget the blessings of friendship that your time bestows. If you make your blogging a ministry of service to others, then I think you are serving God. There is so much negative in this world, it's nice to see God's love working through others.

That's beautiful.

I'd also like to add by blogging about your faith you make me think more about my own faith.

Therese said...

Thanks Tracy,

I know that many other bloggers have also helped me to think about my faith as well.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Sources of reinforcement of faith come from others who bolster us and give a new insights as to who we are and who we can become. You are one of those sources! Cathy

Kym-Anne said...

I agree with Tracy, you make me think more about my faith and my responsibilites to the Lord. I'm so glad you have decided to keep posting.

Anonymous said...

Blogging for Faith is a good Gospel spreading thing Therese.
There's a lot of rubbish and some real nasty stuff on the net.
Lets make sure we grab some internet space for the Lord.
Have a good Holy Week
God bless

Tracy said...

I have been keeping my blogging to three days per week for Lent and it has gone so good I may keep this up after as well. Of course if I hear of an important news piece those are very easy to post.
I think of the people who don't know about the Catholic church/faith and are seeking info and I know from emails to myself that I have been able to clear up many misconceptions and I do feel that is such a plus.. so while it is good to limit ones time, I don't think it hurts to blog when one has the time either. Just do whatever you feel God is calling you to do:)

Alexandra said...

Blushing...thanks. :) I think you serve as a wonderful witness to Christ. Thanks for sharing your life with us. :)

Anonymous said...

We have had a couple of cold nights and mornings.

Uh-huh. So, what, you're getting up and it's a freezing 25C?!

Therese said...

um, Louise,

we had frosty windows this morning. Remember we are on the edge of the desert here and it gets pretty cold.

Anonymous said...

Hey Therese! I know exactly how you feel. I gave up a lot of computer time for Lent which allowed a lot more time with the kids, hubby, and for the house. I can't imagine getting in all that and homes schooling, AND blogging, especially since you try so hard to visit others' blogs (which is a very nice thing by the way). Well, you know what's best for your family, so follow your heart. Pray on it. He will show you. Take care and see ya around!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.