Monday, March 16, 2009

5mart Martha Monday.

From last week:

Sewing: Finish Christopher's shirt.

Done!!!!!!!!! I sewed this pattern:



As soon as my camera is found I will take a photo of Christopher in it. It is a great pattern and I think I will sew a couple more for him for when he starts full time kindy.


Housework and Home school: We are going to read the way of the cross this week. I will read a little bit each day and they will do some posters for us to put up around the home school room. I will also clean out one other kitchen cupboard besides the plastics one. Maybe I will leave the plastics until I have done the rest of the kitchen.


We read the Story of the Cross but didn't get the posters done. I actually changed my mind about what we would put up for our family stations.

The 2 saucepan cupboards were cleaned out.

Health: Continue watching our diet and eating more whole grains. Continue drinking more water.

Ate well for most of the week. Bought a lasagna on Wednesday night because I forgot to get something out of the freezer on Tuesday night. Drank water each day. I really should try and drink more of it though.


Family: Sunday we have planned a family day. I think we will go to Quorn first thing in the morning for mass then we are going to the Quorn Native Flora Reserve for a picnic
.

We left home early Sunday morning for 8.30 mass in Quorn. After mass we took the children to a local park and then went to dutchmens stern for a walk. It was a fun morning.

Spiritual: Continue getting up early to pray with Steve and spend more time on my Bible study.

I think I only got up on Tuesday and Wednesday morning to pray with Steve. I will try to get up again this week.

My five for this week:

1. Sewing: Madeline has a pattern she wants made. I will cut it out and start sewing.

2. Housework and home school: We are going to make a Votive Candle Stations of the Cross and I am going to clean out another kitchen cupboard.

3. Health: Before Tom had his pump, I went walking twice a week with two other ladies from our church. Since Tom has been on the pump, you could count the number of times I have been with them on two hands. I really need to get back in the habit of walking with them more regularly. They now walk every Monday, Wednesday and Friday so my aim will be to walk at least twice per week.

4. Family: I think it is time to look at my mothers rule and change chores. There seems to be a kink in our routine that has us a bit disorganised with washing. I also want to do the stations of the cross with the children on Friday night.

5. Spiritual: I need to get back to the bible study I started. I haven't done very much of it and we are half way through lent. I really want to be a good way into it by the time lent is finished.

Do you have any 5mart Martha challenges? Post them either on your blog or in the comments section. I will add in a link to you if you post them on your blog.

Therese

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Therese...I am so proud of you for finishing the shirt! I can't wait to see it! Also, if you could, please take a picture of the votive candles stations....
Have a wonderful day!!

Edith said...

I've not heard of 5mart Martha Monday - sounds interesting. I would like to make some goals for this week as well - check my blog later hopefully.

Thanks for your welcome comment on my blog - I love "meeting" new people.

Have a blessed day.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

You have so much energy you wear me out...God Bless YOU!!! have a fruitful week! Cathy

Alexandra said...

That picnic sounds like fun.

I got a used treadmill from Craigslist last year. This has really helped me keep active because I don't get out much to exercise either. I speed walk for half an hour on it while my little one takes a nap in the afternoon.

I'd list my five, but they are so boring, LOL. I do practically the same thing everyday, but I like it that way. I'd list declutering, but it seems I'm always doing this.

It's a never ending task to keep things in order. I've got a family of clutter bugs; they keep me busy, but I love them just the way they are. ;)

Tea Time With Melody said...

Hi Therese,

I would love to have you at my tea party. Let me know if you ever get to California! :) I like your new family photo post. Everyone is smiling and so happy, beautiful.

I wish I was as proficient at sewing as you are but here, sometimes the price of the pattern, fabric, thread, etc,. is almost as much as buying the shirt of the rack!

Therese said...

Melody,

The patterns and fabric can be pretty expensive here to. I get patterns now when they are on special. I use the same pattern for many things. The pattern I got for this shirt will be used for Tom as well and it goes up to a size 12-14 so I will use it a lot.

I also get a lot of fabric from ebay or on special. One chain we have here called spotlight has really good deals sometimes.

Tracy said...

I love your 5mart Martha Monday.. it is always so fun to read these:)

And also.. Happy St. Patrick's day!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.