Thursday, March 05, 2009

Small Successes


Small Successes.

My small successes for the week:

1. At the beginning of the year I started keeping a journal. I wrote in it the things I wanted to do each day and the next day I would go back and review my day and see what I had done and what I hadn't done. It was a good way for me to be on task and doing what I should do rather than what I wanted to do.

I kept it up every day for about three weeks and then just stopped. I think all it took was going to bed later one night and not doing my review.

My first success is starting doing this again.

2. We have our little car in for service this week. When it first went in, (Monday) it was going to be done that day. We still don't have it back.

My small success with this is I have managed to keep up with the housework and home school program even though I have had to chauffeur everyone every where.

3. My third success is making it to daily mass everyday this week. Yah.

Go to Faith and Family Live for more quick successes.

4 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Well done!!! I need to keep lists of what to do because I forget otherwise ;-)
Pat yourself on the back for being successful Therese, I'm cheering you on from the sideline!

Vicki said...

Good for you Therese - you had a very successful week. I admire you for your mass attendance and appreciate the journal writing idea.

Abbey's Road said...

Many years ago, I journaled religiously. It was amazing to go back even one week and see how different my emotions were, which ultimately helped me to learn control over them. Kudos for beginning again!

I hope you do not mind that I used your Simple Women's ... I thought it was a lovely thing to do once a week or whenever ...

I admire your tenacity, even through adversity, big and small.

May the Peace of the Lord be with you,
Abbey

Anonymous said...

Aha. You have reminded me, I want to start a prayer journal. Just the thing for Lent.
I am impressed you are getting to Mass each day.
God bless

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.