Saturday, March 21, 2009

Quick 7.


---1---

I have added a couple of links this week to my side bar. The first one is the faith filled days link.

This link is to help with home schooling by the liturgical year. It has lots of resources for home schooling mothers to do with their children. If you want ideas for different feast days they have a heap of links to different activities.

---2---

The second link is to Type One demystified.

There are many things people don't realize about type one diabetes. Many people think it is the same as type two and that treatment is similar. There are many differences between the two. The website is to educate people about type one and what it involves. If you want to learn more about type one diabetes click on the picture in the sidebar.

---3---

Yesterday we got another stimulus payment from the Govt. We are going to start our new bathroom with the money.

---4---

One of the worst parts of renovating a house is trying to agree with Steve about what we should do and what we shouldn't. We both have such different ideas about what is good and what isn't. At the moment we are trying to work out what to do with our end rooms.

At the moment we have the bathroom and a walkway between the kitchen and family room. I want to knock out the bathroom walls and open up the family room to come off the kitchen.

To do this we have decided to put the bathroom in the laundry but we cannot decide where to put the new laundry. At first we were thinking at the end of the family room but we would need to pull out the floor boards, put in a suspended floor and concrete the area. It is a lot of work and a lot of money.

I think we need to sit down with our original floor plan again and work out the best layout.

---5---

This is a picture of my new sewing machine. I have always wanted a computerized one with lots of different quilting stitches. It also comes with a quilting extension table. This week I ordered it and it should be here early next week. I cannot wait.

---6---

Has anyone seen this you tube video that shows all the Muppets bloopers? It is funny.











I think this is the best Rick roll I have ever seen.

---7---

This baby sling looks so great Michele linked to it on Twitter I think I want to make a couple of them once I get my new machine.

Pop over to Jen's for other quick takes


6 comments:

Kym-Anne said...

Great sewing machine, mine is a quilt master but it doesn't have all the bells and whistles yours will have. Happy sewing and good luck with the bathroom renovations!

Adrienne said...

Pretty darn nice sewing machine. Since I have discovered "Tear Mender" I may never sew again, which is a good thing as a straight line is almost beyond me. Yet I love to embroider and cross stitch. Go figure!!

Adrienne said...

... and when did you turn purple. I swear I was here a day or so ago and you were not so fancy.

I must overcome my ADD ways and clean up my blog.

Therese said...

oh Adrienne,
I had to read that three times before I understood what you meant. I'm thinking what the heck does turning purple mean?

Then I realized you were talking about the colour of my blog.

I changed it for lent. I am trying to decide what colour to have after lent. Any suggestions? I really like the bright colours. I thought I might go with red or back to yellow again.

Adrienne said...

I guess that was a rather poorly constructed sentence. Tell me the truth `- did you look at your arms to check and see if they were purple??

I love the Lenten theme. It's different from the other blogs and really sets you apart. It's easy on the eyes, too...

Therese said...

Adrienne,

I am really liking the pink. Maybe I will stay with that for a while.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.