Monday, March 16, 2009

Facebook!

This morning I received a note from facebook:

Face book is going to clear face book accounts if ..


We all know that Facebook is an extraordinary social network where you can talk to friends, find old friends, and so much more.
The Face book team is well aware that Face book is getting too over populated due to the fact registrations have increased 50% since February 15 2008. At there signing in database, it shows that more than a quarter of the members of Face book hasn't log in their accounts in over a month.
So where is this leading to you may ask. Face book is clearing their entire data base and deleting users of who have not sent this message to their friends. If you are one of the following people, you will get your user account wiped and would have to re add all your friends. So send this message to as many of your friends as you can, I know you don't want to start all over from scratch so send away, show your pride for members Face book!

What do you think about it?

I personally think it is fake.

10 comments:

Tania said...

Good morning Therese,

I recently set up a face book account, but I don't use it very often though. I set it up just so I could be friends to a couple of fellow bloggers. I haven't put anything on my account yet, because of shortage of time lately.

Hope this is not true.

Hope things are well in your household. I have a few more h/s books I will drop around soon.

xTania

Therese said...

Hi Tania,

I hope so too in a way. I would miss it if they did pull it, I don't think I would bother to recreate an account.

Kym-Anne said...

I agree with you Therse, it sounds like a chain letter. Why would Facebook want us to spread the word around when they use e-mail notifications for activity on your account. If it were true you'd think they would include the info in any notifications.
I might be wrong, I hope not because I can go for ages and not log into face book.
Have a great day!

Therese said...

After thinking about this and speaking with others about it, I really believe that facebook would make some announcement if they were going to delete en masse.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Perhaps this is a sign that I should be spending my time in a more worthwhile manner! Don't know if it's true or not...will wait and see. No sleep lost here! Cathy

Anonymous said...

It's definitely fake.

The most obvious reason? Facebook is only one word. :)

Sharon said...

Sure sounds like a fake to me!

Shelly said...

i'm with everyone here - fake.

;)

Mary said...

Fake - for sure!

Anonymous said...

if it IS real, i'll be deleted for sure!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.