Monday, March 23, 2009

5mart Martha Monday.

My five from last week:


1. Sewing: Madeline has a pattern she wants made. I will cut it out and start sewing
.

done. All ready to sew.

2. Housework and home school: We are going to make a Votive Candle Stations of the Cross and I am going to clean out another kitchen cupboard.

Votive candle is made. I will upload a photo when I have a bit more time. Plastic cups and dishes cupboard cleaned out. (this is a different cupboard to my plastic container cupboard and it wasn't nearly as daunting).


3. Health: Before Tom had his pump, I went walking twice a week with two other ladies from our church. Since Tom has been on the pump, you could count the number of times I have been with them on two hands. I really need to get back in the habit of walking with them more regularly. They now walk every Monday, Wednesday and Friday so my aim will be to walk at least twice per week.


I did go walking. On Tuesday I jambed my finger in our car door just when I was getting in to take Daniel and Brigette to school and Christopher to kindy. I decided not to drive because my finger was so sore. I told Daniel to drive himself and Brigette to school and decided to walk Christopher to kindy. That was my first walk. My second walk was a short one with Amelia on Wednesday. She enjoys walking. We only did a 20 minute walk on Wednesday because I thought I would be able to go with my girlfriends on Friday but didn't wake up in time.


4. Family: I think it is time to look at my mothers rule and change chores. There seems to be a kink in our routine that has us a bit disorganised with washing. I also want to do the stations of the cross with the children on Friday night.


We did the Stations last night. Friday night is just too crazy here. My mothers rule has been changed. I am hoping by the end of this week we will see if the change is enough or not.

5. Spiritual: I need to get back to the bible study I started. I haven't done very much of it and we are half way through lent. I really want to be a good way into it by the time lent is finished.

I didn't do any. I just cannot motivate myself when I do these things on my own. The good news is though, Karen from Karen's Catholic Journal is starting an online bible study. I am going to buy the book and join in. If there is anyone else here that wants to join in, just post a comment at Karen's blog.

So my five for this week are:

Sewing: Sew Madeline's dress. It is her birthday on Sunday so I am hoping to get a couple of other things made for her too.

Housework and homeschool: For home school we are going to do a couple of craft lessons and learn to make an apron. We are also starting some lessons for Tom to prepare him for his First Communion. I will also clean out one more kitchen cupboard.

Health: Go to bed by 10.00 each night. Tom needs to have some changes to his basal rate so I will be getting up and testing blood sugars through the night. Usually this means a test at midnight and another one at 3.00am. I need to be in bed early so that I can still feel human the next day after testing.

Family: Pray the stations of the cross, The girls and I are going shopping on Saturday for Madeline's birthday. We will also go out for tea as a family to celebrate.

Spiritual: Pray 5 decades of the rosary each day.

Do you have any 5mart Martha challenges for yourself this week? Let me know in the comment box and I will link to your post.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese

You are ahead of me if you are doing 5 decades of the Rosary. Julian and I said 3 decades on Sunday and did not do so well as a couple as we went to mass separately not a family . My aim is/was to say the Devine Mercy Chaplet each night and do the novena because the week after Easter is divine Mercy Sunday and this feast is my favorite feasts. Lent has gone so quickly that it is frightening. I miust go back onto Facebook soon but have been too busy.

Therese said...

Hi Karna,

I really should do the Divine Mercy Chaplet too. It is one of my favourite devotions.

I haven't done the 5 decades yet. I will try and do them this week.

Nancy said...

Therese...thank you for sharing these! You always help to motivate me to get some things done. I appreciate how you hold yourself accountable from week to week and you still share about the things you didn't get to. You are genuine and real and I'm so thankful I can call you a blogging friend!
I'm too afraid to start one of these 5mart Martha Mondays.....I'm thinking I might not ever get to anything on the list. Anyway....thank you so much.
Many blessings to you and your family!!

ukok said...

The Divine Mercy Chaplet is my favourite devotion, it used to be a part of my daily prayer life, i prayed it today for the first time in way too long!

Therese said...

Nancy

I am glad I motivate you. If I didn't do that list, many of the things wouldn't get done. It is a great motivator for me to know that I have to write here about what I have and haven't done.

Therese said...

Deb,

I use to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet while I was waiting for the children at school. I would get there right on three and pray it. The children finished at 3.15 so I had a good 20 minutes to do it. NOw I rarely leave home in time to get there at 3.00. I really should start it again.

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese,
Not being Catholic, and not wanting to appear ignorant, but could you please explain what the Stations of the Cross are?

Therese said...

HSM4C,

It is a bit hard to answer in the comment section. I will do a post on it so that I can give a proper explaination.

Sarah said...

I like the idea of 5mart Martha Monday. It seems to make the to-do list more doable =) I will have to consider this after the spring cleaning is complete!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.