My five from last week:
1. Sewing: Madeline has a pattern she wants made. I will cut it out and start sewing.
done. All ready to sew.
2. Housework and home school: We are going to make a Votive Candle Stations of the Cross and I am going to clean out another kitchen cupboard.
Votive candle is made. I will upload a photo when I have a bit more time. Plastic cups and dishes cupboard cleaned out. (this is a different cupboard to my plastic container cupboard and it wasn't nearly as daunting).
3. Health: Before Tom had his pump, I went walking twice a week with two other ladies from our church. Since Tom has been on the pump, you could count the number of times I have been with them on two hands. I really need to get back in the habit of walking with them more regularly. They now walk every Monday, Wednesday and Friday so my aim will be to walk at least twice per week.
I did go walking. On Tuesday I jambed my finger in our car door just when I was getting in to take Daniel and Brigette to school and Christopher to kindy. I decided not to drive because my finger was so sore. I told Daniel to drive himself and Brigette to school and decided to walk Christopher to kindy. That was my first walk. My second walk was a short one with Amelia on Wednesday. She enjoys walking. We only did a 20 minute walk on Wednesday because I thought I would be able to go with my girlfriends on Friday but didn't wake up in time.
4. Family: I think it is time to look at my mothers rule and change chores. There seems to be a kink in our routine that has us a bit disorganised with washing. I also want to do the stations of the cross with the children on Friday night.
We did the Stations last night. Friday night is just too crazy here. My mothers rule has been changed. I am hoping by the end of this week we will see if the change is enough or not.
5. Spiritual: I need to get back to the bible study I started. I haven't done very much of it and we are half way through lent. I really want to be a good way into it by the time lent is finished.
I didn't do any. I just cannot motivate myself when I do these things on my own. The good news is though, Karen from Karen's Catholic Journal is starting an online bible study. I am going to buy the book and join in. If there is anyone else here that wants to join in, just post a comment at Karen's blog.
So my five for this week are:
Sewing: Sew Madeline's dress. It is her birthday on Sunday so I am hoping to get a couple of other things made for her too.
Housework and homeschool: For home school we are going to do a couple of craft lessons and learn to make an apron. We are also starting some lessons for Tom to prepare him for his First Communion. I will also clean out one more kitchen cupboard.
Health: Go to bed by 10.00 each night. Tom needs to have some changes to his basal rate so I will be getting up and testing blood sugars through the night. Usually this means a test at midnight and another one at 3.00am. I need to be in bed early so that I can still feel human the next day after testing.
Family: Pray the stations of the cross, The girls and I are going shopping on Saturday for Madeline's birthday. We will also go out for tea as a family to celebrate.
Spiritual: Pray 5 decades of the rosary each day.
Do you have any 5mart Martha challenges for yourself this week? Let me know in the comment box and I will link to your post.