Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Interview with my children about me.

I was tagged for this on facebook but decided to post it here too. It was fun to see what my children thought of me.

1. What is something mom always says to you?
Amelia: Don't do that.
Tom: check your sugars.

2. What makes mom happy?
Amelia: getting coke
Tom: having good sugar level.

3. What makes mom sad?
Amelia: Tom not checking his sugars
Tom: not having good sugar levels

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Amelia: Tickling
Tom: tickling me.

5. What was your mom like as a child?
Amelia: I have no idea.
Tom: she got her tonsils cut out.

6. How old is your mom?
Amelia: umm, how old are you?
Tom: 41.

7. How tall is your mom?
Amelia: about this tall.
Tom: I'm not sure.

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Amelia: drink coke
Tom: play the wii

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Amelia: clean
Tom: write on her blog.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Amelia: be a good singer.
Tom: blogging.

11. What is your mom really good at?
Amelia: cleaning
Tom: sewing.

12. What is your mom not very good at?
Amelia: playing guitar hero
Tom: guitar

13. What does your mom do for her job?
Amelia: cleans the house.
Tom: teaches me and Amelia.

14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Amelia: salad
Tom: pasta.

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Amelia: because she is my mum and I love my mummy.
Tom: she gives us treats.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Amelia: cinderella
Tom: not sure.

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Amelia: go to the park and mcdonalds.
Tom: go to the shops together.

18. How are you and your mom the same?
Amelia: we are not.
Tom: in the same family.

19. How are you and your mom different?
Amelia: she has real curly hair and I have less curls.
Tom: I'm a boy and you're a girl.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Amelia: Because....she's my mum.
Tom: because she had me as a baby.

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
Amelia: he believes in God.
Tom: that he is your husband.

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Amelia: church.
Tom: out for coffee with dad.

23: What would your mom be if she wasn't a mom?
Amelia: a family day care worker.
Tom: lonely.

15 comments:

ukok said...

This was a lot of fun, i love Tom's last answer, kids no us so well don't they :-)

I don't know if i am brave enough to have my own children answer these questions!

Therese said...

Oh go on Deb. I am sure your children would entertain us all and flatter you. I was quite surprised at their answers especially the last one Tom said.

I do remember saying I was glad I was a mum one day and that I would be pretty lonely without them all.

Mary said...

That was a rather cool meme. I think Ton has you pegged and Amelia is probably more like you than she knows yet.

Therese said...

Amelia is very much like me Mary. She makes faces and speaks to her siblings in the same way I use too speak to mine. There are times I think she is going to be just like me.

Erin said...

I laughed and laughed at Tom's last comment.
I may do this with my children, interested to see what they think.

Jennifer in TX said...

What fun and sweet answers from your kids...:)

SQUELLY said...

Such great interview. The sheer honesty of kids!

Edith said...

Cool interview! It made me laugh. Not sure what my boys would say about me...

Have a great day.

Sarah - Kala said...

The very best is Tom's last answer "lonely" - I think he pegged that on all us gels, yeah?

Sarah - Kala said...

Just posted mine. I made the mistake of trying to do them all together . . . uff da!

Kym-Anne said...

Oh how cute!! I love Tom's last answer.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I can identify with Tom's answer, check your blood. It sorta just rolls off the tongue doesn't it. You could ask my Wes if that isn't true. Very Good! Cathy

Therese said...

Kathy,

Tom comes to me and asks all the time, can I have xxxxxxxxxxx and the first thing out of my mouth is either "Check your levels" or "Have you checked your levels?"

The other thing that goes together here is

"Tea time, Tom, check your levels".

Alexandra said...

LOL, I laughed at Tom's answer for the last question. How cute. :)

Kris said...

This is absolutely darling!

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.